Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie head cam and intake ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie head cam and intake ?'s

I have a 98 6pd corvette. Right now my only mods are varaam air intake, underdrive pulleys and catback. My friend has a thunder racing 224/224/112lsa camshaft that I'm getting from him. He has comp 918 springs he's giving me also. The cam came out of his 02 ss camaro. I can also get the intake, fuel injectors, and coil packs for a resonable price. I'm trying to plan what I want. I just came make a decision to save my life. So now i've got some questions.
1. Is the intake the same as the ls6? If I do the intake do I need new heads? Will I see a significant increase with the new style injectors and intake manifold.
2. I was told that I'll need headers if I change heads. We are planning on ditching the air pump. Will the stock manifolds hold me back alot with 243 heads?
3. Should i just port and polish the 806's or will the 243's be that big of an increase? The other to options are 241's or ported 5.3 truck heads. I know the 243's are the best out of all of these, just trying to get the most bang for the buck (broke college student).

Any additional advice is greatly appreciated, like I said I'm still a newbie here.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 02-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search is your friend man!!

answers to question 1: look at the part # on his intake....( i think its on the passanger side) ls6 intake part #12573572

question 2: YES! just get you some Pacesetter LT's you can get good deals on them on the forum ( ive seen em for a slow as $100)

question 3: either way. Ive seen good power from 98 heads. search the forum.. there has been alot of conversation on the 98's vs the others.

you may want to see how many miles he has on the 918's, your fuel injectors are bigger so use yours, your coil packs are fine.. you will need the brackets and valve covers for the 243's if you go that route.

you will need new push rods.

later