General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

hit a bump, loud buzzing noise, pulled wiper motor fuse - need help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hit a bump, loud buzzing noise, pulled wiper motor fuse - need help.

so my coworker was showing me a way to get out of downtown faster, but since he doesn't know anything about cars i got stuck going down a really scuzzy looking back alley. takes me around the cnn/ga dome service roads. shortcut works, but i don't think i'll ever take my camaro there again.

basically therer were these high as hell speed bumps meant to slow freight trucks, and after going over one the front air dam hit the ground and a loud buzzing noise started from somewhere behind the dash on the driver side. we popped the hood, and it sounds like it's under the cowl, behind the base of the windshield inside the car.

i turned things on and off - the noise goes away when the wipers are on in any position. so, right now i pulled the fuse from the car to shut it up. if i put the fuse back the noise may or may not be there. i think i might have knowcked a plug or contact loose. has this ever happened to anyone else?

i looked up the chilton's equivalent online, and looked at the instrux for r&r of the wiper motor, but it pretty much only says "unbolt the wiper motor". i'm guessing it's underneath the big black plastic cowl panel at the base of the hood and windshield, correct? i have a tool for removing the plastic clips but it's not small enough to get all of them out. plus, the buzzing noise comes from further behind the cowl.

any suggestions how to remove the panel without damaging it, and if this is just a loose connection to the wiper motor, or....?

thanks guys

Quick Reply: hit a bump, loud buzzing noise, pulled wiper motor fuse - need help.