PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BS3 won't start looking for help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:14 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BS3 won't start looking for help.

I have BS3 and all it does is pops and backfire but won't start. I know I have the base tune well enough that it should start that I am 100% about. I checked the conection from the computer to the plug and it has contact I then changed my crank sensor and still nothing although the one I had was new from GM for what ever that is worth. Any ideas would be helpful. It is an LS2 block and I swapped the two outer wires per everyone that has done an LS1 to LS2 swap. When cranking it goes to 100 RPM's and stays there it is low and there is no way that it is turning over that steady etc... I am sure it is a timming problem. Thanks for some help guys.
Jeff
Old 02-13-2007, 06:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

what is your calculated crank offset?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

also make sure you have the coil pack connections going to the correct banks, same with injectors
Old 02-13-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

also did you change the plug for the new map sensor (i assume you got a 2 or 3 bar) bs3 comes with a 1 bar map plug to go into the stock sensorm but that only does good N/A... anyway the wiring is different, and of course you have to scale the fuel map different.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:02 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
what is your calculated crank offset?
Not sure if it is the same, but the COP 360, but everyone I have talked to says even if it was off I would have a crank signal and it probalby should start if it wasn't way far off. I haven't mad a pointer yet I going to do that tonight . Coil packs and Injectors are as marked on the harness and it is a GM 3bar with a jumper harness from Speed inc. so no splicing there. I tapped all three of the crank wires with the factory computer then I took two off leaving the signal wire Blue with a white stripe in pin location C on the connector which is the blue on the BS harness (Three wires Red Yellow and Blue ABC in that order Yellow being in the center) Still no crank sensor signal. And my fuel maps are from a tune Jim had previously done (3Bar) on a very simular set up to get me running etc...
Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

the wire you want is the crank +, i forget what color.. anyways leave all that unhooked till you get the car running, then worry about that.

my car did start and run on 360 and the first engine (ls1) took 363 to be perfect
then when i got the ls2 it started fine too but took 345 to be correct

i would double check the map adaptor wire and whatever you did for the ls2 cam signal.. i believe that the ls2 cam wire orientation is different than ls1 but plugs in the same... i forget that too.

if you would like a second opinion on the file you could send me your hardware specs and the file and i could look at it too.

oo, how about firing order? verify that
Old 02-13-2007, 02:12 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Did you swap any of the wires on the cam sensor with the LS2? I did according to what people have needed to do to run one with a stock PCM. I swaped the outer two wires.
I already checked the fireing order in conparison to the base file that BS sends and they are the same you know it off the top of your head I'll recheck it. I'll double check the jumper harness on the map although would it seems to be reading about right when cranking. Check that crank signal wire on the stock pcm for me I hear you on gettig it running, but I will still need to know. I'd be glad to go over it over the phone later as I don't have internet access where I am working on the car etc... (713)302-0737 after 6:00 pm CST. That is if you have time, but I am sure it is good enough to run. Thanks David. Kurt has been helping me a bunch also.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

working yet?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:28 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Car runs fine no tach yet.