Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO343 Cam Position Sensor Voltage High.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO343 Cam Position Sensor Voltage High.

Ok, here is the story.
About a month ago the car tried to toss the crank pulley at the track. I got it 1/2 way back on, and milked it home.
The car sat for 2 weeks, then I pinned the crank, and installed a new bolt.
he battery was dead so I jumped the car, and drove it.
At this point, I got a PO343 code.
The 2nd gear is also now shot. Keep in mind, I am sure these are unrelated, and just coincidences, however, I wanted to mention everything.
I have installed a brand new cam position sensor, and the code will still not go away. I am at a loss as to what to do.
I tried to do a case relearn through HPT, but I am not sure if I am doing it right, or even if it is what needs to be done.
Anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Check out this link.

http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic11730.php
Old 02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoCal Goat
Thanx for the link. It helps some. I am unsure how to scan the parameters it is asking for, and unsure which wires are for the Cam sensro at the PCM.

I was hoping someone else may have had a similiar problem, and perhaps what they did do fix it.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

ttt.

Mine is doing this now as well. Just rebuilt the motor 1,000 miles ago. Everything was fine until last night.

tach works randomly. When I shut the engine off and let it cool down a little, or first thing in the morning after the car has set all night, it takes at least 3 tries to crank it: 1st try just engine turnover, no fire, 2nd try produces backfire, 3rd try cranks right up.

Anyone have these same symptoms with a solution? I've searched the forums and saw a few ideas, but no one confirmed that their problem was solved and how they solved it.... Thanks for anyone's input/help!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

ttt??
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JLSain
ttt.

Mine is doing this now as well. Just rebuilt the motor 1,000 miles ago. Everything was fine until last night.

tach works randomly. When I shut the engine off and let it cool down a little, or first thing in the morning after the car has set all night, it takes at least 3 tries to crank it: 1st try just engine turnover, no fire, 2nd try produces backfire, 3rd try cranks right up.

Anyone have these same symptoms with a solution? I've searched the forums and saw a few ideas, but no one confirmed that their problem was solved and how they solved it.... Thanks for anyone's input/help!
Mine ended up being loose cam sprocket bolts. The 3 bolts that hold it to the cam had backed out about 1/8".
Old 03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Mine ended up being loose cam sprocket bolts. The 3 bolts that hold it to the cam had backed out about 1/8".

+1, happened to me too.... with loctite'd hardware even.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

That's nice to know.... I hope I don't have to go through all of that trouble....

I'd have to take the water pump off, pull the crank pulley out, drain the oil, etc etc just to tighten those bolts, wouldn't I?

Quick Reply: PO343 Cam Position Sensor Voltage High.