Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

axle/gear question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axle/gear question

I'm picking up a set of moser hardened axles for a 10 bolt with the studs already on and a complete set of motive 4.10 gears. What kind of power can i throw at this before it breaks?? i wont be going anything higher than 450hp anytime soon. I've been told it will hold that all day long, but just wanted some opinions from the "professionals" on here!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Motives held up, but I shredded the spider gears in the posi on the 1-2 shift at the track this past nov. It had been taking a beating as a bolt-on car all summer, but didnt take long after heads/cam to
Old 02-13-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fortheluckyones
I'm picking up a set of moser hardened axles for a 10 bolt with the studs already on and a complete set of motive 4.10 gears. What kind of power can i throw at this before it breaks?? i wont be going anything higher than 450hp anytime soon. I've been told it will hold that all day long, but just wanted some opinions from the "professionals" on here!
My professional opinion is to read the FAQ and the stickied thread about 10 bolt breakage...

If its not one thing it's another...the axles might last but you'll bust a carrier...

There is no "magic number" that you throw at a 10 bolt and it breaks...Some break on stock hp and some are fine til 600. It's the luck of the draw.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay so I think i have pretty much decided that waiting for a 12 bolt is the way to go. I picked up these parts for $200 and i know the axles alone are more than that. how much could i sell this stuff for roughly? i might just do that instead of putting it in my car.