Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Clear Bra anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clear Bra anyone?

Anyone have experience with clear bra on our cars? maybe protect the panels behind the wheels as well?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been thinking of trying out that clear protectant spray from Duplicolor. If I do, I will let you all know if it works.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen a clear bug shield appiled on a new magnum that was charcoal grey, it looked great! He had it on the front bumper and the front tip of the hood and unless you were right on it you could not see where it stops and begins; although you could feel it.
I would use one on the front for sure, but I would have a body tech put it on for me!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Eric (ram-it) had that on his car so maybe he will chime in. My boss's Infiniti G35x has it on the front bumper and fronts of the fenders, as well as on the edges of the doors. You can hardly notice it unless you are looking for it, I think it's a pretty cool idea.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

I know alot of guys in the Utah F-Body Association that I was friends with had it on the front bumper, front of hood, and all leading edges of the doors and fenders. I have it on the tank of my bike to protect from my leathers scratching it. Great stuff. And I would have a pro install it. I've seen some installed at home and they don't look the same (ie. you can see it very easily).
Old 02-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With the new paint job on the Camaro I was thinking about keeping it that way this time.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Veteran

There are a few in the area that really have had time with the 'clear bra' application, just make sure they have had at least 4+ years of installing them. Done correctly you will have no bubbles or edges that stick out too far. The first real use were on RV's to protect the 'flat' fronts that were being produced, worked great so they kept up the application for vehicles.

I considered it about 8 years ago on the camaro but decided against it, being a garge queen and all it didn't make much sense.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a clear bra before I hit the deer. It did its job well. I still have the mirror guards, one of the door guards and the rear bumper piece. I'm still debating whether to do it again.

One word to the wise...if you just had paint work done wait at least 6 months before getting the clear bra. You want that paint well cured before you put something like that over it.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 AM
12 Second Club

Don't get the 3M stuff... Call Metropolitan Auto Detail in Edmonds 425-672-8140 and talk to Jon about the stuff they have. It's a lot better and a lot less visable. They do a lot of the cars for the local porsche club including one of the local carrera GT's. Jon used to be the detailing manager at Park Place Ltd years ago. I'm going to have the WS6 detailed by them soon. They're also used by Mercedes Benz of Lynnwood and other local dealers.