Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's with loudmouth

Old 02-14-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's with loudmouth

im thinking about getting some shortys and an ORY to go with the slp loudmouth i already have. I really want some LT's, but alot of people say that LT's with the loudmouth sounds like *****? Anyone know of any particular lt's and y pipe combos that make a somewhat tolerable level of sound and tone, and make some ok power?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ditch the loudmouth. shorties suck and are worthless. LT's or bust. the only thing I can think of is to get a catted Y set up to tone it down and keep some rasp out
Old 02-14-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

It's really just a personal choice. I had LT's, ORY, with the loudmouth and I personally liked it. When you got on it, it sounded so great.
I did switch to the GMMG just because I like the sound better but everyone tells me this is to loud as well. (Of course this is coming from people that don't own the combo so they really don't know what they're talking about).
Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

get lt.....losing the cats is what gives all the rasp....I love the way mine sounds a rpms over 3500 .....but at lower rpms it sounds like glass packs
Old 02-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Teching In

i say if you want it loud go loud, if you want it toned down use cats. i personally have LT's with a ORY and a 1 chamber muffler , so mine is loud as hell and thats how it should be dont get shorties like they said before they are worthless.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Don't even consider shorties. Get LT's and a catted Y. Power loss will be minimal and you'll love the LT's
Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks guys...thats what i figured just go LT's or nothing at all...ill try em with a catted Y and the loudmouth...if i dont like it theres always a for sale section
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

here is a link to mine with loudmouth + mods in sig...i personally liked it alot, but i put a sweet thunder on it and sounded much better. still just as loud but not quite as raspy.

link
Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasreb18
here is a link to mine with loudmouth + mods in sig...i personally liked it alot, but i put a sweet thunder on it and sounded much better. still just as loud but not quite as raspy.

link

hey thanks alot...im sure hearing it on there doesnt do it justice like it would in person...but i think it sounded awesome

loud though...but i love noise
Old 02-15-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

its going to be quite loud, my friend has it on his car
Old 02-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Teching In

I've got nothing but comments on how my exhaust sounds. And it sounds even sweeter in a tunnel or going under a overpass. WOT, ****** LOUD!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

i have LM1 on my 85 T/A and i have a zz4 cam shorties custom Y-pipe 3 inch out the back and its catted but it sounds awesome, i get people asking me how much i spent on my exhaust and it was priceless to me. Now this is on an iron block not aluminum so it will sound different and LTs will sound different to.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by delsold
im thinking about getting some shortys and an ORY to go with the slp loudmouth i already have. I really want some LT's, but alot of people say that LT's with the loudmouth sounds like *****? Anyone know of any particular lt's and y pipe combos that make a somewhat tolerable level of sound and tone, and make some ok power?
I've got the supermaxx system w/ hi flow cats and the original LM and get compliments all the time. it doesn't have a real throtty tone like you'd get from an actual muffler, but it's loud and aggressive.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man just go with the longtubes...Shorties are not going to give you hardly any gains at all. If you think it is too loud, then turn it into a Magnamouth or Dynamouth or Borlamouth...that should keep it "QUIETER" and get rid of some rasp...cats will help as well.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the LM2 with kooks lts/catted y. Not loud till after 3500 rpms. I like it. Just try it with the LM1 and see what you think. I kinda like the poppin and gurglin.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tainted
ditch the loudmouth. shorties suck and are worthless. LT's or bust. the only thing I can think of is to get a catted Y set up to tone it down and keep some rasp out
Tell us how you really feel...

I would do catted Y if you kept the LM (IMO LTs, ORY, and LM sounds hideous), and I won't even touch the shorty/LT issue

-J
Old 02-15-2007, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Get ready to turn some heads..........i always have people breaking there necks because my car is so loud
Old 02-15-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Tell us how you really feel...

I would do catted Y if you kept the LM (IMO LTs, ORY, and LM sounds hideous), and I won't even touch the shorty/LT issue

-J

ya if i do lt's im definitely gonna go with a catted y...a friend has lt's with an ory and some custom mufflers and its so raspy and loud. im not a fan of rasp, so people say cats will help that issue
Old 02-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Launching!

LM2, Jethots and catted Y here. I love the sound of mine. Or. It's beyond Love....

Seriously. One guy here said it sounds hideous, and two others said they liked it. To each his own man. I say buy some LT's and if it's too loud, swap out the muffler for a borla, magnaflow or dynomax. Owners of all three versions of LM seem to be happy on the board. As there are many who've done so.

I'm going to change mine eventually just to make it sound different(thinking magnaflow or magna/borlamouth). Not because it's loud as shiznat.

P.S - No rasp here. Only when I take the cats out.

Search this Thread