Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question.

Just got gears installed in my z28 and I was wondering if anyone knew of a shop that could do a simple tune of calibrating the speedo without having to flash the cpu. I have a friend at lincoln tech who could do it but they couldn't tell me if they flash the cpu or not. The problem I have is I have had a tune on my car for ory and long tubes and I don't want to be charged again if that tune (400.00). If anyone has any info it would help or if you have a hypertech power programmer that would help. I have 3.73 gears running a 275/40/17 tall tire.
Mainly I was wondering if OBD2 would be invasive and destroy my tune.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you paid $400 for a tune you should be able to go back to that dude and he SHOULD fix it for no charge...
Old 02-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Teching In

he's no longer in business and to think of it I payed about 300 for the tune I think... it has been about a year. I got it done by FASTTECH but that's another story.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two choices really ... search the sponsors on the right (see the sticky about local tuning) or post up in your regional forum (put your location in your profile) ... you may be able to find someone local that'll make such a simple change for a 6 pack or something

It literally takes 3 minutes to do (2 minutes to read PCM, 5 seconds to make change and save, 25 seconds to BS about how easy it was, and 30 seconds to reflash)
Old 02-14-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist
Two choices really ... search the sponsors on the right (see the sticky about local tuning) or post up in your regional forum (put your location in your profile) ... you may be able to find someone local that'll make such a simple change for a 6 pack or something

It literally takes 3 minutes to do (2 minutes to read PCM, 5 seconds to make change and save, 25 seconds to BS about how easy it was, and 30 seconds to reflash)
+1....if I were local I'd do it for a green "Monster" lol..my GF loves those

Of course, I still have to pay license fees til I get the unlimited license..so close..
Old 02-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Teching In

is it as simple as obdI 2 could do it is the question I have. Or will it take an ls1 edit. Like I said my friend is going to lincoln tech and they have the machine just don't know if it will wipe my PCM clean and start from a new. Still really new to editing.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragonnnfire
is it as simple as obdI 2 could do it is the question I have. Or will it take an ls1 edit. Like I said my friend is going to lincoln tech and they have the machine just don't know if it will wipe my PCM clean and start from a new. Still really new to editing.
I have never used ODBII before, but I would think so, unless it is only specific to certain parameters..

HPTuners takes like 3 minutes like Horist said, dunno about ODBII though?