Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post up your Y-pipe clearance to floorpan

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post up your Y-pipe clearance to floorpan

I'm getting a lot of exhaust noise transmitted to the cabin, and my exhaust is bone stock. It seems like my driver's side Y-pipe (the flat one) is a bit closer to the floorpan than on some other F-bods I've seen, and I'm wondering if that's the problem.

Can you guys help me out and let me know how close your driver's side Y-pipe is to the floorpan of the car? Also, can you specify if you've got a stock exhaust or aftermarket?

Thanks for your help,

Joe
Old 02-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I can say is check the fuel lines. I havent been under my new LS1 yet but on my LT1 there was a bolt that held a bracket, it contained the fuel lines, almost directly under me on the driver side. The bolt backed out and sat on the Y pipe, made the worst vibration ive ever felt.

I used blue loctite in the stick form.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
All I can say is check the fuel lines. I havent been under my new LS1 yet but on my LT1 there was a bolt that held a bracket, it contained the fuel lines, almost directly under me on the driver side. The bolt backed out and sat on the Y pipe, made the worst vibration ive ever felt.

I used blue loctite in the stick form.
I'll double check that but when I was under there I didn't see anything that was loose. It really just sounds like the pulsing of the exhaust, but way louder than most cars.

Any one else? How close are your y pipes to the floorpan?