Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 Escalade motor with bbk intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 Escalade motor with bbk intake?

I am getting a 05 esco motor and I dont want to use the ugly intake I would like to use the bbk, I was told I will lose alot of horsepower by switching intakes is this true?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whatever inbtake you use you'de better check the throttle body clearance around the water pump inlet/outlet (whichever it is) that sticks straight up. as far as i know the only way to use another intake is to change the complete acess drive setup to f-body (i may be wrong). check over on the performance truck forum (top of the page) and see what they say/use
Old 02-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by joelvette
whatever inbtake you use you'de better check the throttle body clearance around the water pump inlet/outlet (whichever it is) that sticks straight up. as far as i know the only way to use another intake is to change the complete acess drive setup to f-body (i may be wrong). check over on the performance truck forum (top of the page) and see what they say/use
I plan on switching all of that over also, I was just curious if it was true about the power loss.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

i know there has been a lot of debate on whether or not the heat soak of a metal intake kills a significant amount of power. i dont know if either side has proven anything though
Old 02-17-2007, 10:20 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From what I have read the truck intake makes more low RPM power, the car intakes don`t make as much power until you wind up the RPM.

It was mentioned on performancetrucks.com that the truck intake is a better choice for power unless you plan on spending a lot of time above 6000RPM.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all the help, looks like this will be the route I am going to go.