Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What type/where to get tranny mount?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What type/where to get tranny mount?

I'm in need of a new tranny mount. Everytime I go WOT with my new 4400 stall it sounds like my headers and tranny are knocking into each other. What is the best tranny mount to get? Poly? Where's the best place to get them? How tough is the DIY install?
Old 02-16-2007, 09:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get an Energy Suspensions mount from Pep BOys and maybe other national chains. You can for sure order from a sponsor and get it soon. any aftermarket mount will ride very rough for a bit, but will wear in over time and ride smooth again. I wouldnt get another rubber mount, it will rip again. The install isnt bad. you can do it with the car in rhino ramps. get a jack to support the bottom of the trans and remove the crossmember to body bolts.. the mount is held to the crossmember with one bolt. youll need a deep socket to get it out. the mount is held to the bottom of the trans with 2 bolts.. when installing the new mount dont forget to install the mounting plate and also install it in the proper orientation with the rounded part of the mount facing towards the rear of the car. thats it.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to order my mount but found it at Auto zone for cheaper then what I saw if I ordered it. I did some searching on here and ground the top flat on the mount and tossed the plate. Do some searching and decide for yourself. There is also debate about not matching the motor mounts with poly.