Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Used Spec 3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Used Spec 3?

A friend of mine is selling a used Spec 3, his car was worked a bit, exhaust, longtubes, cam, lid, suspension..that's roughly it. He put about 3,000 miles on the clutch before he took it out. Its a Spec stage 3 clutch with the xpad and billet flywheel. He's selling it for $400. My car has exhaust, but I do plan on longtubes and a lid by the end of the year. I need a new clutch since the stock one just sticks to the floor sometimes. Should I go with this one, or go a different route? Another one I found was an LS6 clutch with the flywheel, PP, and clutch disk forf $450. I don't know too much about Clutch kits and all since my last F-body was an automatic. Any help please? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard a lot of things about spec 3 clutches . There is a lot of folks that do not have a lot of nice things to say about them . If all you are going to do is have headers and a few bolt ons a ls6 clutch should work great and it will drive like stock . The ls7 clutch is a little bit more money but also a good choice . If you are thinking about going with more performance a Cartek is another good choice .