Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Please help a fellow TA owner....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help a fellow TA owner....

Guys, I need some help.....

My name is Brad Hutchcraft, and I own a 1999 Trans Am, a car I love dearly. I cant begin to tell you how much I am upset, but let me begin with the fact that I saved for almost 6 years to actually buy one, and when I finally do, this happens.

Hit and run....
Someone backed into my car with a yellow POS truck and drove away last night. I was near this dealership, where I was checking out a Camaro for my GF, and this scumbag backed into my car leaving his spot and busted up my hood with his reciever hitch and drove away. I was so far away that I just heard it happen, but couldnt see the plate. I ran up there and I saw this terrible damage to the hood of my car, and deep scratches on the front fascia...

I reported the accident to the police dept as a hit and run, and hopefully it will go on my insurance as a no fault accident, and not effect my already steep premium per month. But here is another problem, I have 1000 dollar deductibles, and I dont have it. BUT, the body shop said the hood needed replaced and the price from GM is $1019.00.... If I can pick up a regular, factory 98-02 hood from someone, and pay to have it shipped to me, then I can save a TON of money, and get the car repaired, and it wouldnt cost me much out of pocket....

Guys, Im just asking for help from someone, I know that alot of you have replaced your hood with the WS-6 or Raptor hood... And chances are pretty high that someone has their old hood just lying around by the house or in the garage or something... If you could just help me out, I would be grateful... I will post pics of the damage online, so everyone can see that Im not just a kook.... I feel like an *** already for this, but I just want my car fixed...
any help would be appreciated...
here is a few numbers and my Email addy...
417-779-5728 House phone....
417-230-8155 cell number...
singlecombo@yahoo.com

I can pay for the shipping and maybe some kick money if needed, but keep in mind that I dont have much money.... If you have a hood, give me a price, and I will see what I can do. I just hope people know where I am coming from on this, and reflect the character that this site is known for.
Help a member out!!!

Thanks for listening guys....[IMG]damaged[/IMG]
Brad Hutchcraft
Old 02-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Launching!

what color is it? im getting a superhawk hood wednesday and will have a spare sleak beak hood just laying around of my 99 t/a, its black
Old 02-16-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check eBay and the for sale section. The stock Fire Bird/Trans Am hoods usually go for about $20-$100. There's one on eBay right now(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PEWTE...9269899QQrdZ1), but usually there are more.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have been watching that auction, and the car is silver... I dont mind if you have a black, blue, purple, or primered tiger stripe hood..
Sleek beak is exactly what I need... any way you and I could work something out?.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brad Hutchcraft
I have been watching that auction, and the car is silver... I dont mind if you have a black, blue, purple, or primered tiger stripe hood..
Sleek beak is exactly what I need... any way you and I could work something out?.
yea man, as long as my hood coming in fits fine, i'll ship it to you. and i know what kind of situation your in, so, you tell me what you can afford and we will go from there
Old 02-17-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

got a number? I could talk to you about it, and we could see what we could do.... mine is posted.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brad Hutchcraft
got a number? I could talk to you about it, and we could see what we could do.... mine is posted.
PM sent
Old 02-17-2007, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Did you check with the dealership? They may have caught the incident on their security cameras. If you can get that to the police you may be able to track the asshat down and make him pay for the damages.