General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Police Detectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Police Detectors

I know this is not LSx related but come on mods let me get a few answers before you me

I was just wondering if radar detectors really work and which is the best to buy. Just trying not to get more points on my license and still wipe the smirk off a ricers face.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a section for this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics-19/

but the Valentine 1 is the ****.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
I know this is not LSx related but come on mods let me get a few answers before you me

I was just wondering if radar detectors really work and which is the best to buy. Just trying not to get more points on my license and still wipe the smirk off a ricers face.
There are many dif. variables that determine whether or not a radar detector will work. Mainly it depends on the kind of radar the officer is using. Most police use a radar gun that is similiar to a semi automatic gun, they point and shoot to determine speed. So if they point and shoot at you, the only thing your expensive radar detector is gonna do is let you know your about to be pulled over. However if your in traffic, you might get lucky and detect the radar gun as it is used to determine the speed of a car infront of you, which will give you time to slow down.
There are many other variables though, ie; different types of radar, jamming, etc. IMO save your money, dont speed, and drive safe. If you do get pulled over contest the ticket, and if you lose, well you can use the $$ you saved from not buying a radar detector.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the help guys
Old 02-16-2007, 10:02 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

You got your few answers