Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Another famous I-5 racer

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another famous I-5 racer

So my gf an i are leaving the theater in Lakewood last night when we get behind an LT1 Camaro. He blantantly reminds me that he has exhaust work done to his car by reving it up, I think to myself, "sigh not now, not while she's in the car". Well the guy takes off an we proceed to get on the on-ramp for I-5 an sure enough this guy wants a piece. 1. Traffic is fairly heavy as it usually is for a Friday night in the Tacoma area, 2. I try not to race when she's in the car because its just not right. This guy just does not seem to get it, he paces me, speeds off, paces me again, trying to get me to bite. Then he decides to pace me an then gun it full throttle when theres a semi about 30 feet in front of him!! "Is this guy TRYING to kill himself and his buddies?" Yea thats right he's got 2 other passengers with him, What an idiot! He finally gets off at the Bridgeport Exit, I thought about flaggin him down an askin if he'd wanna race after i dropped my gf off but seein how this guy drives like a tool, figured it wasn't worth it. just thought i'd share
Old 02-17-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Regular

Stupid people are everywhere. All you can do is try to avoid them as much as possible.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Launching!

some people dont understand. he must be a newbie. One day they will learn. I wonder if the guy is on the boards.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Second Club

I SEE STUPID PEOPLE

THEY DON'T KNOW THEY'RE STUPID

Last edited by Ryan K; 02-18-2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tools
Old 02-18-2007, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

i know this is a grim way to look at it, but....
it's future drivetrain/parts/organ donors.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 AM
TECH Resident

Why no racing with the gf in the car? Most of my street racing was done with one in the car...
Old 02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Some Ladies don't care for it. My Wife never minded much.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amorget
Why no racing with the gf in the car? Most of my street racing was done with one in the car...
I did it once an it was a rush for her but she didnt want me to ever do it again, so i respected her wishes. It's really hard for me not to especially when someone is egging me on but I manage an she loves me for it. It's one thing to race in my car and hurt myself, but If I race an hurt myself along with my girlfriend, i could never live with the fact knowing that I hurt her because i thought i had something to prove.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Personally, I would not put anyone at risk other than myself IF I was dumb enough to race on the street......just my personal opinion, not a reflection on anyone else who may or may not do it.

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
I did it once an it was a rush for her but she didnt want me to ever do it again, so i respected her wishes. It's really hard for me not to especially when someone is egging me on but I manage an she loves me for it. It's one thing to race in my car and hurt myself, but If I race an hurt myself along with my girlfriend, i could never live with the fact knowing that I hurt her because i thought i had something to prove.
That's what I was trying to say.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like to think that you can street race and at least be "somewhat" smart about it, like 1: don't race in heavy traffic 2: don't race in the rain 3: Don't race with your gf in the car, 4: Don't weave in an out of traffic to try and speed away, i say these cuz ive dealt with them firsthand myself, all on I-5 i might add
Old 02-19-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

Funny thing about roll racing on the highway. Not enough room (at least a 1/4 mile) I don't do it. How far should I go? Not more than 1/2 the clear distance, how ever far it takes to win or lose or nothing over 140, except in VERY rare occassions. 140 ya say? In the Cobra, 60 to 140 was maybe 10 seconds? In the Chevelle? I won't roll race that one but likely much quicker. In town light to light? Hell no, maybe a one gear pull on a section where there's no driveways or crosstreets. Anything else I take to the ahem.., track or the real track.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Funny thing about roll racing on the highway. Not enough room (at least a 1/4 mile) I don't do it. How far should I go? Not more than 1/2 the clear distance, how ever far it takes to win or lose or nothing over 140, except in VERY rare occassions. 140 ya say? In the Cobra, 60 to 140 was maybe 10 seconds? In the Chevelle? I won't roll race that one but likely much quicker. In town light to light? Hell no, maybe a one gear pull on a section where there's no driveways or crosstreets. Anything else I take to the ahem.., track or the real track.

you gotta be one crazy **** to be takin your vehicle up to those speeds on I-5, isn't that an automatic suspension of your license if you get caught goin that fast? the fastest i think ive gone is maybe 110, 115?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Resident

Man, I've cruised at those speeds in the Bellingham area. Same gf had about a 5 minute lead on me, I knew she'd call if she saw any cops. The only times I've street raced with someone in the car was in the clear on I5. Once was outside of MV and there wasn't any traffic for about a mile. Raced a LX 5.0 with my 88 305. Other time was I5 in the Express lanes. Again, no traffic for a long ways, it was against a NSX with his wife/gf in the passenger seat.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
you gotta be one crazy **** to be takin your vehicle up to those speeds on I-5, isn't that an automatic suspension of your license if you get caught goin that fast? the fastest i think ive gone is maybe 110, 115?

That was in the Cobra. I wouldn't take the Chevelle to those speeds on the highway. The fastest I've gone on I-5 was 165 in a 80 to 165 roll with an R1 and it was a nice, sunny day with no traffic for like 2 miles. It was amazing how fast we covered the distance even though it really didn't take that long. That ain't the fastest I've been though, not by a long shot but I was younger then.... Now, I'll keep it on our spots or the track. No percentage in roll racing in a drag car.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

I've raced with the g/f in the car with no other traffic... hell she gets pissed if I race without her lol. Between stanwood and MV if there's no cops or traffic it's a good high speed test ground. but... umm... I wouldn't know about that... (176+ pulling away from an EVO VIII...) But I won't race period in traffic or rain, etc... Too many other idiots to worry about.

Quick Reply: Another famous I-5 racer