PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

switching tuning software, will I have any problems?

Old 02-18-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default switching tuning software, will I have any problems?

my car is currently tuned in efi live, and im getting an hp tuners setup to start doing it myself, lats year my car was tuned by j and j speed shop (former sponsor) with hp tuners and was REALLY FU--ED UP!!! so I trailered the car to EPP to get it retuned using there efi live, however they could not reflash the computer because of something with the hp tuners software so Bob lent me his computer to get my car tuned and I had to get my old one put back to stock by j and j and return that one to Bob. So my question is am I going to have the same problem trying to go back to hp tuners from efi live???
Old 02-18-2007, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Generally, the only issues are A) if the tuner loaded a custom operating system, or B) the tuner 'locked' the PCM. If neither of those are true, you should be ok.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it is just locked, I think you can get it unlocked with a tech II, I could be mistaken but I think they can overwrite them.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what program is on the PCM. If either use a custom operating system, then you won't be able to flash it with the other program. If it is already tuned with EFILive, why not just purchase EFIlive to make it easier?
Old 02-18-2007, 01:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as long as bob didnt flash in a custom operating system or lock it you should have no problems using hptuners on it. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lmt0705
my car is currently tuned in efi live, and im getting an hp tuners setup to start doing it myself, lats year my car was tuned by j and j speed shop (former sponsor) with hp tuners and was REALLY FU--ED UP!!! so I trailered the car to EPP to get it retuned using there efi live, however they could not reflash the computer because of something with the hp tuners software so Bob lent me his computer to get my car tuned and I had to get my old one put back to stock by j and j and return that one to Bob. So my question is am I going to have the same problem trying to go back to hp tuners from efi live???

Most tuning shops would use a custom enhanced operating system if they are doing the job properly to get the best out of the tune.

If they have then it will only be compatable with the software it was tuned with.

Both EFILIVE and HPT use different enhanced operating systems that are not supported by the others software.

Search this Thread