Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new exhuast suggestions

Old 02-18-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new exhuast suggestions

I have SLP long tubes/Y pipe going thru gutted cats to a magnaflow catback.
I was looking to get rid of the whole set up and get a new set of headers and go with a tru dual set up. anyone have any suggestions on what brand long tube i should look into?
Old 02-18-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

I would go with pacesetters lts I just installed mine this weekend with no problems.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

i guess pacesetter stepped their game up? i always used to hear bad things about pacesetter but now i hear nothing but good.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twokss
i guess pacesetter stepped their game up? i always used to hear bad things about pacesetter but now i hear nothing but good.
Pacesetter really is a hit or miss for what they make. Ever see any of the OEM style replacements or import stuff? It'll last a year tops. The LS1 headers they make are great.

I've been told they contract alot of things out, I guess it depends who gets the contrat to make them.

But yes Pacesetter headers for these cars are great. If you want to go with stainless steel setup Kooks or QTP are pretty much regarded as the best you can do for F-bodies.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

i hate to get rid of my SLP's, they are coated and all but they are just too low to the ground. so basically i just want some headers with good ground clearance and will work easily with a tru dual setup.

Search this Thread