Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edlebrock intake clearance

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edlebrock intake clearance

Has anyone made the vic jr intake fit under the SS hood without cutting it up? I wondered if I could mill the intake down bc I need extra room to fit the nitrous plate as well. Are their elbows available that clear the hood with this setup, or should I just make my own? I dont mind cutting the wiper cowl if needed. Any knowledge is appriciated.....
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

yes there is an elbow you can buy that will clear the cowl. look up aaronelbows or something like that.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

www.intakeelbows.com

it clears the hood and cowl in a WS-6, I don't have anyone I know running it with a Victor Jr. on an SS though. funny too b/c the guy I know that's running it is in Springfield.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. Im looking at the different elbows now. Jdo6696- I prolly know the car ur talking about. Red TA, his intake was made by a local and its shorter than others and he doesnt have a plate underneath. May not even be the same car, but theirs only a couple cars in Springfield with that intake........If no one knows for sure what elbow will clear, I think Ill make my own. I was just unsure about airflow and the excact shape.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1mofbody
Thanks for the replies. Im looking at the different elbows now. Jdo6696- I prolly know the car ur talking about. Red TA, his intake was made by a local and its shorter than others and he doesnt have a plate underneath. May not even be the same car, but theirs only a couple cars in Springfield with that intake........If no one knows for sure what elbow will clear, I think Ill make my own. I was just unsure about airflow and the excact shape.
you could be right, I can send him a PM and ask him which one he is using. I know the intakeelbows.com one is advertised as fitting under the f-body cowl, but I don't know for sure.

edit - here's the guy in Springfield's info who did my friend Jason's car's elbow -

Blake at 417 motorsports is who built my elbow (417-865-1314). he made it fit without notching or cutting anything on my hood or cowl.

Last edited by jdo6696; 02-21-2007 at 03:09 PM.