Need machine work on intake in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need machine work on intake in DFW

I need a gmpp carb style intake machined for injectors and ported. If somebody has had this done and has had good results let me know who and where Thanks, Josh.

Last edited by slowredz; 02-21-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got a drill and a good eye. The one that isn't crossed is my good eye.

Call RayMac. I would tell you Yelvi, but you prob don't have weeks to wait.

Are you getting a new nitrous kit as well?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

Josh, I have a plate kit i'm ditching if you're in need let me know...
Old 02-20-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowredz
I need a gmmg carb style intake machined for injectors and ported. If somebody has had this done and has had good results let me know who and where Thanks, Josh.
Myers in Lewisville did mine.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Myers in Lewisville did mine.
Yes but I think he wanted to be faster then you...lol
Old 02-21-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowredz
I need a gmmg carb style intake machined for injectors and ported. If somebody has had this done and has had good results let me know who and where Thanks, Josh.
I talked to Chris about it. He said he'd do it but what you were quoted by Yelvi was tooooo cheap for him. I did get a number though if you want to know. PM me.

BTW, its GMPP

He's got one there right now thats getting ported for a class car and then yours if you want to do it.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
I talked to Chris about it. He said he'd do it but what you were quoted by Yelvi was tooooo cheap for him. I did get a number though if you want to know. PM me.

BTW, its GMPP

He's got one there right now thats getting ported for a class car and then yours if you want to do it.
pm sent
Old 02-21-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Yes but I think he wanted to be faster then you...lol
Yeah I know everybody does but very few are.

Last edited by Elite_Hot_Rod; 02-21-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I know everybody does but very few are.
Depends on who you ask...How many times did you rebuild just the 408 now? Is it 2 or 3. I cant remember.

I rebuilt my stock unit 1 time with stock parts so i knew it wasnt going to last. Thats just so you dont mistake my stock junk with your built 408
Old 02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

I freshened it up(rings, bearings, gaskets) once in over 2 years of running it hard and repaired it twice, once for a blown head gasket and once for a fire spotted head but what does that have to do with how fast it goes? I can count on one hand the number of 4th gen fbodies around here that have been faster than mine and mine has been out there alot longer than most.

Depends on who you ask...How many times did you rebuild just the 408 now? Is it 2 or 3. I cant remember.

I rebuilt my stock unit 1 time with stock parts so i knew it wasnt going to last. Thats just so you dont mistake my stock junk with your built 408
Old 02-21-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I freshened it up(rings, bearings, gaskets) once in over 2 years of running it hard and repaired it twice, once for a blown head gasket and once for a fire spotted head but what does that have to do with how fast it goes? I can count on one hand the number of 4th gen fbodies around here that have been faster than mine and mine has been out there alot longer than most.
Im just making a point that whoever built yours, reputation doesnt look good for stuff lasting. Wasnt it Mike Smith? Cause If so, theres a mustang 347 he built that has some bearing issues. Something that wasnt machined right.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

No it wasn't the way it was built. I started having the gasket problems after I switched from the dual staged MAF 90/90 set up to the single stage nozzle set up for TS, the distribution was terrible. Since we went with the GMPP intake and compucar plate set up we haven't had one problem with the engine.

Im just making a point that whoever built yours, reputation doesnt look good for stuff lasting. Wasnt it Mike Smith? Cause If so, theres a mustang 347 he built that has some bearing issues. Something that wasnt machined right.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Mike, Calvert did the initial machine work on my motor and we didn't have any problems with it. When I freshened it up I took it to Mike Smiths to check the block and do the prep work on the block and heads for the 1/2" head studs. Nothing machine work wise has ever gone wrong with my motor. I like and trust Mike Smiths, I think they do really good work at reasonable prices with good turn times.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

i prefer fort worth automotive machine and supply!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mike, Calvert did the initial machine work on my motor and we didn't have any problems with it. When I freshened it up I took it to Mike Smiths to check the block and do the prep work on the block and heads for the 1/2" head studs. Nothing machine work wise has ever gone wrong with my motor. I like and trust Mike Smiths, I think they do really good work at reasonable prices with good turn times.
That shop is rather hit n miss then anything as of lately. Mike doesnt machine his own stuff anymore. he lets his apprentices do the work. Something I wouldnt trust unless I had years of experience on junk stuff as practice.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Josh... if you still need the intake done... send an email to Aaron at IntakeElbows.com.... he did great work for me and a great price.