Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firehawk exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firehawk exhaust

I just bought my 99 firehawk, and im pretty sure the first thing i want to accomplish is exhaust, So any suggestions? i've been listening to the ls1sounds and I think I like the sound of SLP Loud Mouth II, It's pretty cheap, but how good of quality is it? Same story with borla, my buddy runs borla exhaust with Long tubes, and it sounds phenomenal, i just don't want to run the EXACT same thing, and besides i like the sound of the loudmouth, anyways thanks for looking, i'm pretty "newbie" to cars, but we were all there at one point... thanks again
Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FIRST: you need long tubes, then go true duals.

do it right the first time: TRUE DUALS.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just like anything else, What the person posting has will 99% of the time be what they suggest. I've got a GMMG catback and looooove it. its not cheap, but man, does it sound awesome. I also just ordered a set of Kooks long tube headers and I cant wait to get them put on.

While I've heard a GMMG w/ long tubes before and it does indeed sound amazing, it is NOT cheap, infact, my setup may be one of the most expencive exhaust setups you can get on an Fbody. There are plenty of equally efficient exhaust systems out there for far less money. I just am bad about overkill. I wanted a complete stainless exhaust system.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Launching!

^^^GMMG or True Duals is the way to go. I got a Magnaflow right now and am not that happy with it, but then again I dont got LT's so that may change, but I also got and LT1 so this does not make a difference to you.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

On a side note... to me, its easier to make an LT1 sound good than it is an LS1. Stock for stock, Id take the sound of the LT1 over my LS1. Add a cam to the mix and there is little that sounds better than the LT1. IMO anyway... I just love how an LT1 sounds, stock, cammed, whatever....
Old 02-21-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
FIRST: you need long tubes, then go true duals.

do it right the first time: TRUE DUALS.

I had Mac mids and borla cat-back on mine, but decided to ditch both. Pacesetter Lt's will be here tomarrow, and TSP true duals will be here friday
Old 02-21-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FIRST before you listen to what any of these guys have to say.....go to LS1SOUNDS.COM and listen for yourself....then come back and decide
Old 02-21-2007, 05:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PeenutBooterJ
I just bought my 99 firehawk, and im pretty sure the first thing i want to accomplish is exhaust, So any suggestions? i've been listening to the ls1sounds and I think I like the sound of SLP Loud Mouth II, It's pretty cheap, but how good of quality is it? Same story with borla, my buddy runs borla exhaust with Long tubes, and it sounds phenomenal, i just don't want to run the EXACT same thing, and besides i like the sound of the loudmouth, anyways thanks for looking, i'm pretty "newbie" to cars, but we were all there at one point... thanks again
SLP LM is well made in stainless steel. I'd recommend it if you like the sound of it.

Don't listen to all the DUALS is the only way, because while they are nice they are not nearly as affective as many think and carry with them certain disadvantages. Plus will be more money than simply buying a LM2 catback.

Quick Reply: Firehawk exhaust