Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E...107,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4L60E...107,000 miles

So,......I got a 2000 T/A and took over the car at 60K miles. Heres my issue.... The Used car dealership told me that they had all the fluids swapped out before I bought it. Even still,......I swapped out all the fluids myself except for the tranny fluid just in case. didn't do the tranny (auto) cuz I was low on cash at the time and forgot all about it. NOW,.....i'm look'n at the CARFAX report from when I bought it (should have paid more attention to it back then) and I see NO scheduled tranny maintenance! I think I have a tranny that just crossed 107,000 miles on the stock fluid! ....what a bitch!!!

Sooooo,........ I'd like to obviously swap out the fluid but I think I should buy a TransGo kit to refresh the tranny's internals at the same time. 107,000 miles .... on stock fluid.... won't the detergent in the NEW fluid tear up the abused internals if I don't swap em out also?!... Thats why i'm think'n about the TransGo kit!

Advise and or info please!
Thanx!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The Transgo will only increase fluild flow to various places but will not make up for hardened seals sludge ETC . All you can really do is change it and see, I will say that though a properly installed transgo kit can xstend the life of a trans allready in good shape , It can also shorten the life of a high milage trans that is on its last legs

Call 888-744-6542

Old 02-21-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lovely. .......****! :-(

Anyone else?