Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

1BDHWK - The Best Seller In Ls1tech History!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool 1BDHWK - The Best Seller In Ls1tech History!

I recently purchased a 2000 Firehawk from Ben. The vehicle was financed so he went through a lot of extra trouble talking with my finance company and sending them info. He made every effort to make the purchase as easy as possible for me. He answered every question I had easily and got back to me quickly on the ones he didn't. When Ben heard that I lived over 8 hours away he even offered to bring the car part of the way in an enclosed trailer. I opted to just drive the whole way and pick up the vehicle. The vehicle was indeed garage kept and as close to flawless as a 7 year old vehicle that is actually driven (51,000 miles) can get. I picked up the vehicle and even a few more parts and started my journey home.

After over 6 hours of driving the low oil light came on and it was indeed low so I called Ben to notify him. He apologized over the phone and I went to the closest station to refill it. I stopped every 20 miles or so checking it for the remainder of my 60 mile ride home. After finding out that number 7 cylinder only had 25lbs on a compression test I notified Ben again and asked him his thoughts on the matter. He asked if I wanted to keep the vehicle, which I did, and then offered to make it good. We're currently talking about the rebuild which I'm going to have Vengeance do if Ron would ever check his e-mail or pms .

I cannot say enough about how easy he is to work with and I'm not the least bit angry about the set-back or the transaction. It is a pleasure doing a transaction with such a stand-up guy. I would not hesitate to do business with him again and he definitely has first dibs on anything automotive I have for sale. I’m sure at the end of things I’ll have nothing but the utmost respect for a guy who actually enjoys his vehicles and has a great moral foundation.

All of this also goes for his wife, who's car it actually was as she was just as informative and nice. I just dealt with Ben more over the phone.

On a side note, I would also like to thank Gina at Allsouth Federal Credit Union in Columbia, SC. for talking with Ben and even verifying it was a hawk (for the loan value) by calling SLP directly!

Can some moderator please give him 100 extra on his trader rating…

Last edited by Lythropus; 02-21-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lythropus
I recently purchased a 2000 Firehawk from Ben. The vehicle was financed so he went through a lot of extra trouble talking with my finance company and sending them info. He made every effort to make the purchase as easy as possible for me. He answered every question I had easily and got back to me quickly on the ones he didn't. When Ben heard that I lived over 8 hours away he even offered to bring the car part of the way in an enclosed trailer. I opted to just drive the whole way and pick up the vehicle. The vehicle was indeed garage kept and as close to flawless as a 7 year old vehicle that is actually driven (51,000 miles) can get. I picked up the vehicle and even a few more parts and started my journey home.

After over 6 hours of driving the low oil light came on and it was indeed low so I called Ben to notify him. He apologized over the phone and I went to the closest station to refill it. I stopped every 20 miles or so checking it for the remainder of my 60 mile ride home. After finding out that number 7 cylinder only had 25lbs on a compression test I notified Ben again and asked him his thoughts on the matter. He asked if I wanted to keep the vehicle, which I did, and then offered to make it good. We're currently talking about the rebuild which I'm going to have Vengeance do if Ron would ever check his e-mail or pms .

I cannot say enough about how easy he is to work with and I'm not the least bit angry about the set-back or the transaction. It is a pleasure doing a transaction with such a stand-up guy. I would not hesitate to do business with him again and he definitely has first dibs on anything automotive I have for sale. I’m sure at the end of things I’ll have nothing but the utmost respect for a guy who actually enjoys his vehicles and has a great moral foundation.

All of this also goes for his wife, who's car it actually was as she was just as informative and nice. I just dealt with Ben more over the phone.

On a side note, I would also like to thank Gina at Allsouth Federal Credit Union in Columbia, SC. for talking with Ben and even verifying it was a hawk (for the loan value) by calling SLP directly!

Can some moderator please give him 100 extra on his trader rating…
James, thank you for the kind words. I feel horrible about this situation. I have always been 100% honest in anything I sell. If I knew #7 was having issues, it would never have been for sale. That was my fault completely. I feel like a complete jackass. The car was scary with, what I now know was 7 cylinders, I can't wait to see how she does with 8!!! We will get this taken care of as fast as possible. I will not sleep well until that car is back and running right. I once again apologize for the situation.

Ben
Old 02-23-2007, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

Now that's some serious kudos to Ben.

98slowt/a you con artist... are you taking notes???
Old 03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is a standup move on your part Ben. If only every person was like that. I went through the first 2 pages of good deals and bad and found almost as many scammers as legit sellers.

Its pretty amazing that you are taking action in this matter when legally, you dont have too. This is one of the most honest things I have pretty much ever seen. Kudos to you on your part to make everything right. At least someone got lucky enough to find the right seller.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Veteran

You don't have many posts here and may just 'ghost' visit but if you look close enough, there are quite a few thumbs up sales all the time.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEARHED
You don't have many posts here and may just 'ghost' visit but if you look close enough, there are quite a few thumbs up sales all the time.
Yea, I just do ALOT of reading and ALOT of browsing. I used to own a 99SS and I miss it alot, so I am just trying to get back into it by reading and doing lots and lots of research.

I also see that there are alot of legit sellers, but there is also alot of scammers. This board is huge so it makes it difficult to keep track of them all, but I know you guys do your best to find them all.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

I would like to give an update that the issue is resolved without problem with good feelings on both ends. My car is currently at Vengeance and all is good. I'm very pleased with my purchase and dealings with Ben, he is really a stand-up guy.