Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS and Lowered Car help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS and Lowered Car help

Ok well Im just wondering if anyone here has an sts setup on their car and is lowered....My car is dropped PRETTY low, lower than most I see on here and am just wondering if I will have any clearance issues...

I bottom out on speed bumps, dono what scrapes tho....theres no scratches on my diff cover only on my front plastic air damn thing for the radiator....
Old 02-22-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by my01ws6
Ok well Im just wondering if anyone here has an sts setup on their car and is lowered....My car is dropped PRETTY low, lower than most I see on here and am just wondering if I will have any clearance issues...

I bottom out on speed bumps, dono what scrapes tho....theres no scratches on my diff cover only on my front plastic air damn thing for the radiator....
ive got a lowered car also that is getting an sts kit installed in the next 2 weeks been riping the motor apart,and finally getting all of that back together but my air damn also hit like getting out of some drive ways and stuff their is only 2 places where the kit hang low that in under the k-member and by the drive side back tire, which ill be having EPP custom bend the piping so it doesnt hang as low and also have them hang the turbo up higher, if you dont do any of that then you prolly will run into clearance issues unless your roads around you are nice, unlike michigans roads.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You will most likely be okay with the car if you are careful. The one area to watch will be the area right before the driver's side rear tire.

You may want to think about raising the car just slightly. If the car is 'slammed' then you may have probs. What kind of drop are we talking about?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

I have mine dropped an inch with BMR springs. The only thing that scrapes is the stock Y-pipe. It's usually on speed bumps or steep driveways. Everything else has plenty of clearance. The intake that travels under the rear LCA is next to the wheel, so it'll go up and down with the bumps. It's real close on an alignment rack though.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

just be careful and watch out for the speed bumps
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

it all depends how the kit is installed. i am sitting on the eibach pro kit and when my STS was first put on the charge pipe and turbo hung very low... there are more pics in my car domain of when it was first put on, but the lowest point on mine is this pipe

I have since adjusted the pipe by the rear drivers tire and it now sits about 2 inches from the ground, which is plenty of room for me, and as you can see in the pic, there is plenty of room for adjustment! but there is still more much more clearance to get out of it with more tampering... also the oil return on the turbo is what sits the lowest on mine in the rear and it has been knicked a few times ....... also though, there is still plenty of room above it to be adjusted... i just need to take it somewhere to adjust the exhaust part! i tried zip tying things, but they all broke off within a day or so..... speed bumps ARE your enemy!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used to have a STS on my car and it was lowered 2 inches front and rear. I welded a bracket to the subframe to the pipe to hold it way off the ground. Probably 2 1/2-3". Never hit in the rear only slightly once or twice up front on tall speed bumps. Just drive carefully and always be aware and there won't be a issue. My turbo was NEVER a issue clearance wise. Not sure why some people are having problems. Mine was tucked up about as high as the old muffler. Great kits for the money.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

PRETTY low!! Front tire tucks a little and back tires are even with the fender...I absolutely LOVE the look and will NOT give it up...thats why I ask...

Yeah it looks like there is PLENTY of room to play with the pipes...and Im sure I can tuck the turbo higher... does anything hang lower than the diff cover? or the air damn?

Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

PRETTY low!! Front tire tucks a little and back tires are even with the fender...I absolutely LOVE the look and will NOT give it up...thats why I ask...

Yeah it looks like there is PLENTY of room to play with the pipes...and Im sure I can tuck the turbo higher... does anything hang lower than the diff cover? or the air damn?

nope, everything sits higher than both of those. my headers actually hang lower than the kit!!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

sweet!! thats what I needed to know...I will have my stock headers...
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=32
We put this camaro SS back up to the stock height. Being lowered with the STS kit just wasn't worth the hassles with our roads that get torn up from our Winters. Bob
Old 02-23-2007, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah there is NO WAY im putting my car back to stock height....Like I said I ABSOLUTELY love the look of my car lowered and will not trade it for any amount of power....I will go with a front mount or prcharger before I will raise my car....
Old 02-23-2007, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah there is NO WAY im putting my car back to stock height....Like I said I ABSOLUTELY love the look of my car lowered and will not trade it for any amount of power....I will go with a front mount or prcharger before I will raise my car....
your car sits nice,just have a shop customize some of the pipes
Old 02-23-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

you're willing to spend that kinda money to not sacrifice a couple of inches...... you're crazy, if some one said, " raise your car a few inches and i'll give a complete twin turbo system....." i would say, give me the tools, im starting right now
Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple solution "PUT STOCK SPRINGS BACK ON" Thats what I did, I did not want to but I had to choose between a pimp *** look and better handling or FAST as ****. I choose FAST AS ****!!! lol
Old 02-23-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

well I can have pimp *** look and fast as ****....Ill just have to go with a procharger or front mount turbo...either way..Im keeping my car lowered...I absolutley despise the way an f-body looks stock....just like a mustang stock....
Old 02-23-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
you're willing to spend that kinda money to not sacrifice a couple of inches...... you're crazy, if some one said, " raise your car a few inches and i'll give a complete twin turbo system....." i would say, give me the tools, im starting right now
Thats a situation where I would raise it up...take the TT kit...lower my car then sell the TT kit and buy a front mount kit or procharger

Quick Reply: STS and Lowered Car help