Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FPR and Water temp sender questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPR and Water temp sender questions

What are the alternatives to using the filter/regulator to get a return fuel line? If you use the fuel filter/regulator are there specs as to how close/far from the engine it needs to be? What other regulators are yall using other that the filter/reg combo?The factory temp gauge sender i need to use is 1/2 npt are there any 10mm-1/2npt adapters availabe other than the one from S&P?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I used an Aeromotive, return style, regulator. By the time I finished running my fuel lines, I was wishing I had gone with the vette regulator/filter. Why is your temp sender so big? Mine was only 3/8 npt, but it may be newer than yours.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the 'Vette filter/regulator, and I have the fuel pump and the filter/regulator both mounted on the inside of the framerail of my truck ('70 GMC C1500), right under the driver's seat. Tank is in the stock in-cab location, so the output of the regulator is basically running up along the driver's side of the frame from the seat up to the back of the block. It doesn't end up being that long of a run from the output to the fuel rail, but I think just about any distance you're realistically going to encounter in a car will be fine.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess i should have mentione what im working on. Its a 72 K5 blazer.
thanks for the info....keep it coming.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just posted all of my fuel setup in my thread (with pics) - see the last page.

Quick Reply: FPR and Water temp sender questions