Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed headrers and poly motor mounts>>

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just installed headrers and poly motor mounts>>

The car sounds great now and pulls pretty dang good too. I know the poly mounts were a bitch, but the headers slid in like a glove. I'm very impressed with the quality and fit of the Hooker LT's. Now if I can just figure out how to work my HP Tuners
Old 02-23-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna throw in the motor mounts at the same time as my headers next week. Got any tips......especially concerning the mounts!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

yup, happy with my hookers on my 2000 z! they were nice quality.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

isnt it amazing how muchpower headers add
Old 02-23-2007, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
I'm gonna throw in the motor mounts at the same time as my headers next week. Got any tips......especially concerning the mounts!
They were a bitch!! I tried by myself, passanger side went in easy, but the drivers side was killer. It was like the motor was almost twisted. Get a buddy to help, don't tighten any of the bolts all the way until you are finished, get a good variety of prybars, and a nice hammer. Just have patience. If you start getting mad, take a break... Well worth it though. I had one cracked with just 76,000 miles. BTW the headers were easy.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
isnt it amazing how muchpower headers add
Yeah, it feels much stronger. I was highly impressed. The best mod so far...
Old 02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea,...I'm gonna lift up the car,..jack stand it,...Then i'm gonna raise the motor off the k-member just enough to get the mounts in,... Install the headers,....then drop the motor back down and tighten everything up. Does that sound right tho?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Yea,...I'm gonna lift up the car,..jack stand it,...Then i'm gonna raise the motor off the k-member just enough to get the mounts in,... Install the headers,....then drop the motor back down and tighten everything up. Does that sound right tho?
I had the car about 2 1/2 ft off the ground. Sounds like a good plan to me. Better get a buddy though...
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

I have a funny story from right after I got my headers in last summer or fall or whatever it was. I got everything in and went for a short drive with my dad in the passenger seat. At first what I pulled out it was running rough which I figured was because it hadn't adjusted yet, and the check engine light was on, but that was because of the cat delete. Anyway, I pulled out on the highway like a mile from our house and floored it. My dad asked me "how does it feel" and i said "well it feels at least as strong as it did before so we didn't mess anything up, and it sounds nice." I wasn't hugely impressed though. I had been hearing a ticking noise though, but my dad couldn't hear it, so it didn't worry me much. Then the check engine light started flashing, which seemed weird. I got back and opened up the hood with it running... sparks... lol. One of the plugs somehow popped out after I shut the hood, but before we left(#7 I think). So anyway, I plugged it back in and it ran MUCH smoother. I just thought the funny part was that the headers gained me enough power that I didn't notice that it was a whole cylinder down. I was driving a 7cyl. that felt almost like the 8 from before. I know the difference should have been more than enough to feel it be slower, but I was so excited about getting them done finally I didn't feel it .
Old 02-23-2007, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Oh hey, what do the poly mounts actually do? I never have taken the time to find out .
Old 02-23-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default .

Hi. I have a few questions about the Hooker setup you have. Did you get Super Comp 1 3/4, or 1 7/8? I have a '98 and I'm planning on deleting the air, egr, and rear o2's, so I plan on going w/ the headers for the '00-'02 f-bodys' since they don't have the provisions for that stuff. Also, what size o2 extensions did you get for them? I'm trying to get all the little parts ready and waiting before I decide to order my headers. I contacted Holley with some questions, but that was a month ago and I never got a response. Thanks for any info .

have a good one
Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
Hi. I have a few questions about the Hooker setup you have. Did you get Super Comp 1 3/4, or 1 7/8? I have a '98 and I'm planning on deleting the air, egr, and rear o2's, so I plan on going w/ the headers for the '00-'02 f-bodys' since they don't have the provisions for that stuff. Also, what size o2 extensions did you get for them? I'm trying to get all the little parts ready and waiting before I decide to order my headers. I contacted Holley with some questions, but that was a month ago and I never got a response. Thanks for any info .

have a good one
They are the 1 3/4 and mine had the emmissions, but I cut them off and welded them up. I used the Bosch sensors for the Corvette rears. They are hotter and don't have to use extensions. If you have any more questions I'd be glad to help.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by matt94z
They are the 1 3/4 and mine had the emmissions, but I cut them off and welded them up. I used the Bosch sensors for the Corvette rears. They are hotter and don't have to use extensions. If you have any more questions I'd be glad to help.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about doing the vette o2's, but it would be cheaper to get the extensions. I am debating on getting 1 3/4, or 1 7/8. I think for my stock cube engine, 1 7/8 is a little big. Probably go w/ the 1 3/4, but if I ever do a 6.0l, then I would want the bigger ones. I also read on Holley's site that their ORY only fits 2 headers, not the '00-'02 super comps. But they never return e-mails, and the person I called couldn't give me an positive answer. Thanks for replying, i appriciate it.

Mark Jr.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

The hooker ory is the same for 98-02.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Default .

That's what I figured. I tried to find where I read that the ORY fits only 2 diff part numbers, but cannot find it. Now I just need to find a place that has a good price on them. Thanks