Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Size of ATI pin that goes thru crank and dampner? how to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Size of ATI pin that goes thru crank and dampner? how to remove?

Well after further research. I have concluded my pin broke. I see the square hole inside the dampner for it. And I looked at the crank and right next to the snout i see the pin. It is flush against the crank so I am assuming it broke off due to a big load. I called ati but they said to call them back monday cause theyre closed.

Anyone know the size of this so I can replace it via a near by auto store and I am gonna see if it will come out with a magnet (i doubt it but i will try). Any thoughts on how to get that sucker out?

Thanks,

Crystal
Old 02-23-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I know the one that I have is a 3/16" I believe...I just got some really strong stainless stell dowels and cut them to fit... It was pretty easy... I believe your local hardware store should probably carry them...
Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank u. By the way, What did u cut it off with?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You really don't want to know....It was a crude method but it worked... =)

I'll pm you with it... I'm kinda embarrassed but it's the only means that I had...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Default Pin

I have an ATI pin kit here and it is 3/16". You may want to run a double pin 180 apart if you broke the one. You would have to have the balancer broached for a second keyway 180 from the one it, asssuming you have the ATI balancer.

The instructions say to drill the hole for the pin all the way through to the bolt bore when installing it for the first time. I would think if you had the bolt removed you could tap it through and use a magnet to pull it out of the 16mm bolt hole

I was worried about the integrity of the single pin for high loads. I have my engine down now and think I am going to have the crank keywayed while it is out and cover all the bases.

Good Luck