Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock retard question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default knock retard question

I'm new the the hole self tuning thing and i want to know what is KR and what it perpose is it the high the better or the lower the better and in the efi live tuning suite which setting would i use to make adjustments
Old 02-24-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

the KR will do just that, it retards the timing when it senses knock. You want to tune it properly so that you get 0 KR when jumping on it. Usually minor adjustments to fuel and timing along with better gas gets rid of it. I've looked a bunch of tunes on the board and it never seemed to be major adjustments.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camross998
I'm new the the hole self tuning thing and i want to know what is KR and what it perpose is it the high the better or the lower the better and in the efi live tuning suite which setting would i use to make adjustments
KR is not good, when the knock sensors detect knock happening the PCm will pull a few degrees of timing out, which is not good for power. You want it be zero at all times.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

so in the efi live tune suite what would i tune to get the KR to zero cause I did a tune and it jumped has high has 36.5 but it was going from 0 to like 29.00 at wot so what did i do wrong in the tune you think??
Old 02-24-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

well you get knock ( pre-dentination) from being too lean. if you are, you need to richen it up. Theres also false knock, rattles, noisey valve train etc.. will cause the sensor to retard timing. if you have a 98, their knock sensors are known to be bad.