Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

99vette

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post 99vette

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-wanted/661073-wrecked-damaged-high-milage-broke-f-bodies.html

Im posting this for my brother. I think this guy is giving him the run around because he [my brother] has a low post count. My brothers nick is VideoMaker.

He is swapping in an LS1 into his Jeep and bought and AC compressor from the member 99vette. He received some weird looking compressor, which I think turned out to be an LT1 compressor. He told my brother something along the lines of thats not what he sent us, and he would refund anyway. Then his pm box showed full, but I just sent him a message from this account. Im not sure if that means he has him blocked or what. I can 100% vouge for my brother that he received this ac compressor. My brother also said he has emailed him with no result. Id like mods to look into the matter. Ill have my brother post all the details. Thanks,
John
Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

his name is 69vette

when i first recieved the compressor, the ls1 we were rebuilding was not put together. at this time i did not know the compressor he had sent me was for an lt1. i repeatedly asked 69vette if he was for sure this was an ls1 ac compressor, because the one he had sent me was black not an aluminum color. he replied saying this

now 98-02 is an ls1, note that in this message, there is a quote of him saying to "unbolt the broken bracket off the back, and your good to go". anyone that would have taken an actual ls1 ac compressor off, would know that the backet does not connect to the back at all. at this time i did not know about this, so i just took his word for it.

later on, once we put the block together and started bolting on the accessories, we found out that the ac compressor would not fit, and that it goes to an lt1

69vette then sends me a message with a picture of the "engine the ac compressor came off of, with the ac compressor on it"

here is the picture he sent me, along with a picture of what he sent me

after i sent this to him, he then replied saying that he did not send me that compressor but would still refund me the money if i sent it back to him.

also, remember when he said "just unbolt the broken piece off the back, and you good to go"?

now that i know how an ls1 ac compressor bolts up, i cant tell you that it does not connect from the back of the compressor. here is an actual ls1 ac compressor i just ordered from 'scottiedont'(great seller)

compare the back ends of the compressors

clearly, 69vette sent me the wrong thing knowing it. i paid $75 for the ac compressor for an lt1 that he said went to an ls1. know that, when i attempt to PM him it says that his message inbox is full. it has said this for the past week. i tracked down his email, emailed him, and still have not received a response(sent an email a week ago).

Last edited by VideoMaker; 02-25-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Banned

the reason i have not sent it back to him is because, first i dont know his address(wont PM me back with it) and second why should i be responsible for paying for shipping the wrong ac compressor he sent to me back to him. this has been the biggest pain, only if he would have just told the truth, none of this would have happend.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Also.. if you send it back.. who's to say he won't keep the part, your money and never send a LS1 compressor in return..? =\
If you Paid through paypal, you'll have 45days to file for a refund.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah my bad about the name. Its 69vette
Old 02-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rede
Also.. if you send it back.. who's to say he won't keep the part, your money and never send a LS1 compressor in return..? =\
If you Paid through paypal, you'll have 45days to file for a refund.
what if i bought the part over a month ago
Old 02-25-2007, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

I offered you a refund numerous times, even though your trying to swap parts out on me. Thats why you have waited this long and thats why you have never filled with paypal. What was broken on the one i sent you was the ac line bracket. I clearly sent you a picture of the compressor that you were sent. My feedback on here speaks for itself. I've sold $20,000 worth of parts on here. Why would I try to get the little money you paid me and send you some broken part? Thats all I have to say about the situation. Feel free to file with paypal if you would rather go through them. I will gladly inform them of the situation and show them I have offered you a refund numerous times. All you had todo was simply send back something. I don't know anyone else who would leave this offer up for you, even after your trying to swap parts out on me. Again, if there was a problem from the start then you would have notified me then, not months later.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:47 PM
FormerVendor

And heres just a few of my feedback on here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=69vette
And then of course all my feedback in my profile:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/traderratings.php?u=32241

Doesn't seem like I scam people like your trying to say
Old 02-25-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69vette
I offered you a refund numerous times, even though your trying to swap parts out on me. Thats why you have waited this long and thats why you have never filled with paypal. What was broken on the one i sent you was the ac line bracket. I clearly sent you a picture of the compressor that you were sent. My feedback on here speaks for itself. I've sold $20,000 worth of parts on here. Why would I try to get the little money you paid me and send you some broken part? Thats all I have to say about the situation. Feel free to file with paypal if you would rather go through them. I will gladly inform them of the situation and show them I have offered you a refund numerous times. All you had todo was simply send back something. I don't know anyone else who would leave this offer up for you, even after your trying to swap parts out on me. Again, if there was a problem from the start then you would have notified me then, not months later.
Dude your so full of it. He isnt trying to swap anything out. We dont have nor ever have had an LT1 to get a compressor from. If we wanted to screw you he could have sent you my V6 compressor that is locked up. Your calling one person dishonest when you where not aware that there where others that also have seen this deal. I dont care how many transactions you've had here, Your not being honest in this one. He told me he has tried to get in touch with you numerous times to no avail. He isnt trying to swap anything out, he told me the moment he got it it looked weird and I told him I didnt know, but he still didnt have an engine to test it in. Ive been around here a lot longer than you, and ive sold more on ebay than you have here with 100% feedback. You ARE trying to scam him and there is no way around it. Unless you wanna say someone at the post office or UPS switched the compressor on him, this is what he got from YOU. Anyone that knows me knows im about as straight a shooter as it goes, and as im telling anyone on this forum that my brother was send the compressor that 69Vette claims wasnt the one he sent. Im willing to be you saw his low post count and deceided it was worth a shoot... I dont even think the part is broken its the wrong part.... Its not what you said it was. Its not an LS1 ac compressor.

He waited this long because HE DID NOT HAVE AN ENGINE TO EVEN TRY THE COMPRESSOR ON. My car is still not completed, and for him to get started on his swap mine must be finished.

Quit trying to put him off as the crook, and your the nice guy this is hands down the compressor you sent my brother. You know it. I dont even get along well with my brother, and taking his side. I hate to see people shafted.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

After finally reading those messages, you said yourself you sent him a broken part, and that its common for that bracket to be broken. This means you know the bracket is there. You then say its normal. The LS1 doesn't have that bracket. on the back, it goes around the side. You just admitted your self its the wrong part. You are dishonest.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im going through with the process. If if paypal fails, after reading your pms its apparent you know you send him a damaged compressor and you did not state this beforehand. You also admitted the item was not an LS1 compressor by the admittance of the broken bracket in the back. You have been unreasonable. I just got off the phone with my brother, and you want him to pay the shipping back in order to refund him the money, which is unacceptable, he is'nt going to pay $20 for your mistake. If paypal fails, ill take it up with MasterCard. Let this be a lesson to anyone.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dispute has been filed. If paypal fails, I will submit a chargeback request to MasterCard under the ground of:

The types of "billing errors" include:

1. Charges you did not authorize;
2. Charges for undelivered goods or services;
3. Charges for goods or services different from what was represented or of the wrong quantity;
4. Charges for goods that were not timely delivered

and according to the California attorney generals website he has 60 days from the time the charge first appeared on his statement.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

-you offered me a refund w/ out paying for shipping(because this IS your error)
-you knew this ac compressor would not work and you knew what you sent me, you already basicly told everyone that by describing the bracket. anyone can easily take a picture of an engine with a compressor on it and say "i sent you this"
Old 02-25-2007, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

I already answered your question about what was broken on the one I sent. It was a bracket that held the lines in the back of the compressor. Its actually part of the lines and not the compressor so the compressor I sent was not broken in any way. Its common for the lines to break off since they are so thin and when the cars get in acidents the lines get pushed all around. I guess you didn't read my response since I clearly explained that to you in my last reply. I have 1000+ 100% positive feedback on ebay so i doubt you really have more than me lol. i went ahead and put in a claim with paypal also so they can handle it for you. I guess we will see who they agree with soon I can't do anything more then offering you a refund on a part that is not even close to what was sent to you/your brother. Its even stranger now that your involved. You have obviously been around LS1s so if i sent a wrong part you could have identified it from day one for your brother.

Additionally, I answered evey pm I got from your brother within a reasonable amount of time. Show me one I have not answered.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Paypal refused to do anything, because they only act on failure to ship merchandise. Looks like the next step is to go straight to MasterCard...
Old 02-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

I already answered your question about what was broken on the one I sent. It was a bracket that held the lines in the back of the compressor. Its actually part of the lines and not the compressor so the compressor I sent was not broken in any way. Its common for the lines to break off since they are so thin and when the cars get in acidents the lines get pushed all around.

so this is the part you sent me, which goes to an lt1. you just said you answered the question as to what was broken on the ac compressor you sent me. therefor you knew that you sent me an lt1 compressor, because you are telling me about the broken lines(that were broken on the lt1 compressor)

of course paypal will side with you, they dont want to lose their money. i just receieved an email saying they will only do anything when it involves shipping
Old 02-25-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I already answered your question about what was broken on the one I sent. It was a bracket that held the lines in the back of the compressor. Its actually part of the lines and not the compressor so the compressor I sent was not broken in any way. Its common for the lines to break off since they are so thin and when the cars get in acidents the lines get pushed all around. I guess you didn't read my response since I clearly explained that to you in my last reply. I have 1000+ 100% positive feedback on ebay so i doubt you really have more than me lol. i went ahead and put in a claim with paypal also so they can handle it for you. I guess we will see who they agree with soon I can't do anything more then offering you a refund on a part that is not even close to what was sent to you/your brother. Its even stranger now that your involved. You have obviously been around LS1s so if i sent a wrong part you could have identified it from day one for your brother.

Additionally, I answered evey pm I got from your brother within a reasonable amount of time. Show me one I have not answered.

It is what you sent him and you know DAMN well its what you sent him. I just cant fathom how someone can sit here and just flat out lie about something like this. I told him ive never seen anything like it. Ive never had the line holder brake on me, he has a pic of a compressor with a visibly broken bracket... You can keep updating your stance to reflect what we come out with and thats basically going to just go around in circles...
Old 02-25-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VideoMaker
so this is the part you sent me, which goes to an lt1. you just said you answered the question as to what was broken on the ac compressor you sent me. therefor you knew that you sent me an lt1 compressor, because you are telling me about the broken lines(that were broken on the lt1 compressor)

of course paypal will side with you, they dont want to lose their money. i just receieved an email saying they will only do anything when it involves shipping
its not even that. He is just saying that now because he realizes the compressor he sent is not the correct compressor, so he is coming up with what he could have meant by broken bracket. He is saying the part held on with one bolt on the LS1 is what was broken on what he sent, honestly, id love to know how the block causes that to break off, its connected to the ac accumulator and not the BLOCK. You sent the wrong compressor and you know it dude...
Old 02-25-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, Why hasnt the feedback mod replied to this thread like every other one? Id like too know...
Old 02-25-2007, 10:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by VideoMaker

i dont see any broken lines on that compressor you have pictured Paypal sides with who is correct in a given case.