Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 s-10 ls series info

Old 02-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 s-10 ls series info

Are all the procedures basically the same on older trucks? mainly frame cutting and clearancing. whats the latest accesory suggestions for the trucks.I am keeping a/c btw.
thanks, sorry if i am dragging up old info.
don p
Old 02-25-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

The frame didn't change much over the years.

The biggest frame differences are between 2wd and 4wd. 2wd you can notch the frame. 4wd you need to relocate the AC compressor.

Best accessory solution is the vette stuff (C5 or C6). The f-body stuff puts the alternator in the Power steering box. Moving the engine up so that the alt clears is a bad idea. The truck access can be made to fit, but you loose space up from up front, meaning you'll have to push the radiator forward.

With AC, you'll want to run puller fans. They work much better than pusher fans (fans pull air through the radiator & AC condenser much better than they push). Theres a reason GM doesn't use pusher fans.

Good luck.

'JustDreamin'
Old 02-25-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Unless you know your ways around the wiring,Current Performance Wiring does plug and play(unplug your old one,plug in this one) harnesses,but they are not cheap,but well worth the price as far as im concerned.Then again,nothing on this type of swap is cheap if you want it done right the first time,
Old 03-23-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what yall mean. Im gathering parts for my 5.3 s10 swap. Im going to try to use the truck accessories on mine. Hope I can get everything to fit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 s-10 ls series info