Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers/Y-Pipe and SFC's

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers/Y-Pipe and SFC's

I haven't seen any threads concerning header/y-pipes and Sub Frame Connector fitment issues. Maybe because there are no fitment issues. But I would still rather find out here first instead of with my car's in the air

So I ordered the UMI 3-point Subframe Connectors (bolt on) and I'm looking into getting Pacesetter headers with TSP Catted Y-Pipe. However before I make that purchase I was wondering if anybody has had any issues with SFC's getting in the way of the Headers and Y-Pipe? I don't have my SFC's yet (been waiting for em) so I can't get under the car to check for myself if there are any problem spots I might run in to. Hopefully no-ones had any problems with these products together!! Thank you!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

SFCs will in no way be close to your headers or y pipe. I have the Kenny Brown 3pt SFCs and I love mine, fit like a glove. The UMI 3pt SFCs are a very nice piece!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!! I've never dealt with 3-Point SFC's before, so the placement of the SFC is new to me. So now I guess I'm good to go with the headers!!

Just looked at your webshots and noticed how much room there is, even with the SFC's. Can't wait to get everything hooked up. And your car looks killer