2/25 Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2/25 Cruise

Long day!

I want to thank everyone who showed up and added to the success of this cruise. I hope everyone had a great time!

- I want to aplogozie for the toll booth issues, Next cruise that problem will be taken care of.

Final count from my understanding:

211 cars/trucks and 24 bikes

If anyone has any suggestion as to any problems we had or what we should have done different please let us know.

Again I hope everyone is safe coming back home, and I hope to see you guys out at the next event.

See you guys on the 16th!
G
Old 02-25-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Pimp

Nice turnout, what toll booth issues?
Old 02-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Launching!

old man winter was running the toll booth and when 200 cars showed up it took at least an hour to go though.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

People were still waiting at the toll booth about an hour later. Reasons, were too many cars, and second was they ran out of change. While we were eating at Salsa's people were still waiting at the toll booth.

-J
Old 02-25-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it wasn't so bad in the toll booth at least i got a chance to take pictures
Old 02-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cabesas
it wasn't so bad in the toll booth at least i got a chance to take pictures
You mean "I" got a chance to take pictures, I did get some good ones on the bridge. Had a great time and saw lots of good looking cars. Cant wait till the next one.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

It sucked how the cops hearded us off the street though. That blowed.. but good news is I knew that **** was gonna happen @ the booth and took a different way down!! *giggles*
Old 02-25-2007, 11:04 PM
8 Second Club

I didn't wake up till after you all had met up. Sadly I can't go the way you all went my car isn't able to make any kind of real bumps. My fenders aren't rolled so any half *** bump will cause my tire to hit my fender.

On another note my buddy called me while I was asleep and I called him when I got up and he's like dude there is some big cruise, I just passed up a TON of cars. He was like "they are going left down 288, were they lost? Thats the worst road in the world to go down."

btw old man winter takes that long even with like 10 people there. We went over it one day and it took 45minutes... talked about beyond pissed off lol!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:17 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it was a great turn out, but who ever organized it should have relaized the toll booth issue a long time ago. I have a great place to meet for a Galveston cruise if anyone needs some better ideas on keeping everyone closer together and I think they do. Let me know I will be glad to discuss it with whom ever, but over all a good time.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:08 AM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Never seen ya jeff, it was a good turn out but the booth suxd lol
Old 02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

yeah i agree with jeff. also the way everyone meet up on the southside was one of the dumbest ideas imo. it took forever to get out of that parking lot and everyone was supose to cruise together when everyone had there own groups or whatever. the first ls1tech cruise i went on everyone from the northside rolled together and meet up on cherryhill. it was also better because traffic was blocked from that high school and we actually were able to cruise together. it was fun but very poorly thought out!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevensLS1
yeah i agree with jeff. also the way everyone meet up on the southside was one of the dumbest ideas imo. it took forever to get out of that parking lot and everyone was supose to cruise together when everyone had there own groups or whatever. the first ls1tech cruise i went on everyone from the northside rolled together and meet up on cherryhill. it was also better because traffic was blocked from that high school and we actually were able to cruise together. it was fun but very poorly thought out!
i went saturday steven, i was talking to your sister about the one you went to and she told me we didnt have as many cars so it wasnt that bad
Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
i went saturday steven, i was talking to your sister about the one you went to and she told me we didnt have as many cars so it wasnt that bad
yeah i just figured this one would be a little different and see more different cars.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i didn't think the toll both was all that bad, of course i was at the front and didn't realize it till i got pass old man winter.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Good weather, damn good crowd, had a good time.

Suggestions:

1. Avoid tollbooths, period. We stayed ahead of the crowd, got through pretty easily.
2. Maybe consider having the final destination a huge parking lot at a park, instead of the chaos of driving around in Galveston. Everyone pack a lunch and drinks.
3. Southside parking lot sucked *** for getting out. Damn redlights. Gathering lot (wherever it is) needs to have a clear path from the parking lot to the entrance ramp of a highway, without any redlights. Preferably, the lot should be on the same side of the highway that everyone is getting onto.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Oh yeah, and to the assclowns that felt the need to keep peeling out and revving engines in the parking lots, you are

It is a parking lot full of cars that could kick the **** out of your car, no need to do that retarded bullshit. That is how we get run off and not welcomed back. Dickwads.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Good weather, damn good crowd, had a good time.

Suggestions:

1. Avoid tollbooths, period. We stayed ahead of the crowd, got through pretty easily.
2. Maybe consider having the final destination a huge parking lot at a park, instead of the chaos of driving around in Galveston. Everyone pack a lunch and drinks.
3. Southside parking lot sucked *** for getting out. Damn redlights. Gathering lot (wherever it is) needs to have a clear path from the parking lot to the entrance ramp of a highway, without any redlights. Preferably, the lot should be on the same side of the highway that everyone is getting onto.
totally agree with this!!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey 9ball did you take the formy out?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking

Oh yeah, and to the assclowns that felt the need to keep peeling out and revving engines in the parking lots, you are

It is a parking lot full of cars that could kick the **** out of your car, no need to do that retarded bullshit. That is how we get run off and not welcomed back. Dickwads.

Just wondering when are you going to post up the pictures you took? I would like to see how you captured my car Yellow C5 with non-popup lights.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:14 AM
8 Second Club

but I love revving up at everyone...