Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what do you guys do to dial in your progressive meth kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default what do you guys do to dial in your progressive meth kits?

like the post says, how do you guys dyno tune and dial in the meth kits and your timing as far as when the meth comes on and when the kit hits full spray.how much additional timing can you run
Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone have any ideas???
Old 02-26-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leave the timing alone (or quite conservative if this a new install) while you tune the AFR to your new target with meth. Depending on how much you are using, the target AFR should be somewhere in the 9.5:1 - 10:1 (approx) with a normal amount of meth.

Once you get to that point, you can go back and start increasing your timing until you stop seeing a performance increase, or see KR or hear knock. I personally would not go until I heard knock. If I got an advance number from people here that use meth, I would tune towards that and stop there.

Lastly, you might need to tweak the meth level again to get your AFR exactly where you want it. Most dynos leave you somewhat rich for the street, but you can play around with that during street tuning sessions. At least it will be at a pretty safe tune for real life, but your street tuning might squeeze some more out of it.

Jim
Old 02-26-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt mind using progressive meth on my car, but im already pretty close on the stock bottom end's life expectancy so i think im gonna wait til i get a motor built
Old 02-27-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
i wouldnt mind using progressive meth on my car, but im already pretty close on the stock bottom end's life expectancy so i think im gonna wait til i get a motor built
the meth will help save you motor, or so i understand

Quick Reply: what do you guys do to dial in your progressive meth kits?