Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LS1 TA Fender Vents...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 TA Fender Vents...

Looks like this guy just popped out the stock black grills and put some mesh grill behind the fender. I think that looks a lot cleaner than the stock plastic vents. What type of mesh grill did he use for that? How do you get it to stay on?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Dragonz28 on here makes those.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think those are the dragon ones. I'm pretty sure his are secured with chrome screws and those have no screws. I'm sure its mesh. How it's secured, I can't say.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Dragonz28 on here makes those.
awesome. thanks for the info!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kaos_
awesome. thanks for the info!
No, his ones are different.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
I don't think those are the dragon ones. I'm pretty sure his are secured with chrome screws and those have no screws. I'm sure its mesh. How it's secured, I can't say.
They've got mesh kits for Vettes..they hold them on with emblem tape!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im planning on doing that to my trans am with z06 mesh as well as in my front brake ducts and on top pf my turn signal although i may decide to take them out of the front of my car in case it looks too ricey. Have to wait and see what it looks like i guess.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats my old neighbor's car! Goes by ShaneS on here. First off they are not DragonZ's vents. It is the emblem though. That picture was just to see if the emblem would look good there. It was held on by tape, and no, he didn't end up putting it there.

Now the vents, he got some wire mesh from a hardware store and used that. The stock vent is still behind it and held on by fishing line. Cut out a piece and press it in to say the right side vents. It makes the shape of it. Now flip it over and put in on the left side vents the opposite way. Thats as best as I can explain it. If you do it, it makes sense real quick.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Teching In

nice clean look and easy mod
Old 02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

by far one of the best looking TAs on this forum - notice the C5 mirrors...?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya those mirrors are sweet...anyone no what goes into installing them onto a trans am door? And the mesh does look sweet, either some epoxy (if you dont mind them being real permanent) or some emblem tape would hold mesh back there
Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by delsold
ya those mirrors are sweet...anyone no what goes into installing them onto a trans am door? And the mesh does look sweet, either some epoxy (if you dont mind them being real permanent) or some emblem tape would hold mesh back there
Dragon's ebay store has that exact picture, and I just got mine from him also, for the hawk. I just very gently used pliars to just pull, and they poped right out. I went to Lowe's and got exact replacement screws and washers for mine. Dragon sent the screws but I wanted stainless, plus I put a DAB as in a little of silicone on the threads so they would not acccidentaly come off. I thought about glueing them but I don't mind the screws. The new ones just sit right on top of the stock ones and each vent has 2 screws.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
Dragon's ebay store has that exact picture, and I just got mine from him also, for the hawk. I just very gently used pliars to just pull, and they poped right out. I went to Lowe's and got exact replacement screws and washers for mine. Dragon sent the screws but I wanted stainless, plus I put a DAB as in a little of silicone on the threads so they would not acccidentaly come off. I thought about glueing them but I don't mind the screws. The new ones just sit right on top of the stock ones and each vent has 2 screws.
good info...didnt know they were screwed in, but ive never looked. Whats the going price for mesh inserts?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

i just think the mesh looks so much cleaner. i was thinking of putting mesh behind the openings on my new west wings lip. that would be nice. but i'll have to see how it looks because too much of that theme might look a little ricey. anybody got pics of that?

ricey?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Launching!

These are dragonz28's version on my car along with his stainless overlays for the badges. I like they way they look on my ride with the chrome ZR1's. He does great work and the pieces are top quality as well. The stainless pieces are polished like chrome....you can see the reflection off the badge overlays of my grass!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by delsold
good info...didnt know they were screwed in, but ive never looked. Whats the going price for mesh inserts?
PM sent

Quick Reply: LS1 TA Fender Vents...