Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Servicing pinion, couple of questions...

Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Servicing pinion, couple of questions...

Hey guys, I've got a sneaking suspicion that the crush sleeve has crushed too far, and I've got a pinion bearing about to take a crap. The yoke is running crooked, and the seal is leaking.

I'm taking the car over to my parent's house this Sunday to check everything out. I'm going to replace the inner and outer pinion bearings, the crush sleeve, the pinion seal, the pinion nut, and the yoke. I don't have set-up tools, so I'm just gonna check everything with marking compound.

Couple of things I need to know...
-What torque do I need to tighten the pinion nut down to?
-What ROTATIONAL torque does the pinion need to break away at on the new pinion bearings and used everything else bearings.
-What method/tool are you guys using to get the inner pinion bearing off of the pinion? Think cheapest available.

I'm not trying to set this thing up to last more than a year. It just needs to withstand a 30 mile or so drive once a week until I can afford my S60 (hopefully by November/December)

Any advice/wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Keliente, where are you when I need you?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, so I went back and read the sticky that I didn't see.

Sorry to bother everyone.

Search this Thread