Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp Pro Mag Rocker Arm discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp Pro Mag Rocker Arm discussion

These look like great stock replacements (I need to replace my SLP 1.85 rockers to something smaller for my new cam, due to the valve spring limits). They fit under the valve covers (money saver), include roller tips (quiet the valve train), large trunion bearings, and are manufactured from chromoly steel (long life). I know there has been some debate on roller tip rockers that concerned valve float, issuing from more mass over the valve tip. Comp claims a 5% reduction in the mass over the valve when compared to other aluminum rockers (I think they are refering to the bigger aluminum rockers (orange Harland Sharps, Yellow Terras and not the race breed shaft mounted rockers like Jessel, T&D, and Comps top end version).
Old 02-28-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well these were the ones i was considering for quite some time. The biggest advantage to them in my opinion is that they give you the ability to adjust your valve clearance/ preload thus allowing you to use your pushrod length to correct for geometry rather than as an adjustment. The problem I have with them is the rather flimsy stock bolt which then becomes the retaining stud. It just does not seem like that would be ridged enought to support increased spring pressure, and rpms, and all the other stuff that goes along with the mods. What would be cool is if some of the head manufacturers included the option for a 7/16 stud hole where a more substantial attaching stud could be used. You could most likely do this with the stock heads as well, but for the money invested it might be a better option to just go with a set of T&D shaft rockers.