Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 harness for retrofit in 69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 harness for retrofit in 69 Camaro

What is all involved in retrofiting the stock harness for use with the engine in a 69 Camaro. Would it be better to buy one from somebody or can I do it myself. Any recommendations on retails would also be appreciated.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone.....
Old 03-02-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be much easier to buy one from one of the sponser.. (Speartech, S&P, Wait4meperformance,etc). Unless you have the time and skills to modify it yourself.. I have not done it myself.. but from many here have. Many have stated it is easy enough to do it if you can understand and follow the electrical diagrams.
It can be done two ways (i guess there are many).. make it a stand alone harness by adding to the PCM/engine harness, that being the correct type of power (direct 12+v and switch Ign 12+v), some fuse and relays.
Or you can use and modify the original engine and body/chassic harness where it connect into the engine harness (using the fuse box and relay setup from the car that the engine came out of.

Try searching the FAQ Sticky and searching for others that have done so. You can always PM them or open anyther post asking for specify question for more help.

Good Luck.. keep us posted on your project.