Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3l Dod

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3l Dod

Does anyone know the best method/recommendations/good reading, for tuning part throttle on the new 5.3 DOD equipped vehicles? I disabled the DOD and performed the normal set up for tuning part throttle. I found disabling the MAF throws the Trans shift points and pressures off. I left the MAF plugged in due to the IAT sensor being built in and set the fail freq to 0. As soon as the maf was enabled shifting was back to normal. It looks as though the stock tune could use some work, spark knock and FT are all over the place.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

how did you disable the DOD?? what tuning package or handheld tuner are you using??

I'm using the Diablosport Predator for my 5.3L and have disabled my DOD and the car runs like a BEAST now that I have the fuel trims dialed in!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hp tuner’s, I am still sorta new to tuning. I am following the same procedures I used on my 02z that worked really well. The 5.3 DOD stuff appears to function a little differently.