Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Engine ticking/ Shaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Bad Trader Warning!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Engine ticking/ Shaking

I just repaired a bent exhaust valve and I put new new comp springs in my car. It's throwing codes like crazy. It's telling me missfire in like 3-4 cylinders. The motor is shaking bad like the motor mount is broken but that is not it. I can hear loud ticking from both Valve covers. What did I miss? Do the rockers need to be replaced? They are stock! Had new pushrods/springs. You can see my cam specs below.
With all of this money I have spent so far I should have just pulled this thing and put a 408 in the car. Someone please give me an idea as I have been trying to get this thing fixed no for three weeks.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Can you put up a video? That might help, even if its a cell phone.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Bad Trader Warning!

I will do it this morning! It looks like the motor wants to jump out of the car. I guess it' trying to tell me something! LOL
Old 03-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Bad Trader Warning!

Went by the shop and they said the engine bent a exhaust valve again. They took the heads off again and put a new valve in. How can this happen again? They said they just started the car and let it Idle. I did not have any clearence issues before. I bent the exhaust valve the first time and broke a spring because of a miss shift. Should I have to pay the labor for taking the heads off again?