Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Old 03-05-2007, 08:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildta
I can see my kit now! I am going to run a 370 ci IRON block with my sneeky GT2-3 Lingenfelter cam, L92 heads,l92 intake!

YES or No ? WHAT do you guys think ?

I think that would make a killer setup, sound like stock and be capable of biiiiigg numbers

Ed
Old 03-05-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still am waiting for 100% confirmation of being able to keep the air conditioning and also curious to see if the system will cause any problem with ground clearance although can go back to stock ride height if necessary since only dropped about 3/4 to maybe an inch now anyway. Also if the turbos are mounted low like the gto system then you pretty much need the oil pump.If they are mounted higher than you could use the simpler gravity return for oil. I do prefer no pump.Sts uses the oil scavenger pump and not thrilled with that really. Still the kit sounds good pricewise and the company sounds very solid. Very interested and be awaiting more info as it becomes available.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Yes, the APS F Body TT system will retain the factory AC system.

Peter

read the thread, it was said twice already.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 AM
8 Second Club

I have purchased and am in the process of installing my APS C6 system as we speak. The quality is second to none and fitment has been great thus far. I am sure their F-Body system will not dissapoint!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

The F body system does have very large turbos and it would be possible to go larger though we don't see the need for larger turbos at this time.

Peter
Incon kit w/ upgraded wheels in the turbos is capable of around 850ish rwhp through a 6 speed. I'd need to eek out higher 9's to 1k rwhp to make the switch worth while in my mind. No sense in tearing apart a perfectly good workin setup for nominal gains.

Can slightly larger turbos be fitted w/o clearance problems? Everytime I get under my car I laugh at the amount of space those turbos already have. I may have to call you and discuss this more in depth as you guys don't seem to divulge your turbo specs for the public.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Okay, just to get this straight for sure. You are saying that there will be NO (or most likely none) fabrication needed for the Trans Am bumpers for the IC system? Does this go the same for the Formula front bumpers? I ask because as you probably know, the TA's and the Formula's don't have the same amount of room that a Camaro has up front.

If I was interested, I also wouldn't want to hack up my front bumper for air flow, or clearance.

Also, what would this system make safely (pump gas) off of a stock motor? Or do you not reccomend running a stock bottom end with it? Plus what is the max psi the Turbo's will put out?

Last edited by CALL911; 03-05-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm relatively new to Turbos so can anyone tell me if these turbos will be "efficient" with a 427 ci motor, or would they be better suited for a stock cube 5.7L? I understand they can produce up to 1000RWHP, but that says nothing about what CI motor they work best on. Other than that I am VERY interested in trying this kit on my 95 bird (with a new 427 LSx of course).
Old 03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mdhmi
The APS kit is proven on the GTO's, C5's, and C6's. I don't think it's a stretch to think that the same high quality kit that has already proven successful on several other LS1/2/6 platforms will also be successful on the F-Body platform.
Thanks for those kind words of support and I'm very positive that the F body twin turbo system will meet the high expectations of the vast majority of F body owners.

Peter
Old 03-05-2007, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
here's what your page says

"The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing."

exactly what turbos do these compare to? T-67's? T-60's?
I don't recognize either of those turbos (not genuine garrett size terminology) though the APS turbos supplied in the F body system are quite large turbos in terms of mass air flow as indictaed by the mass air flow figures above.

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
Can you find out what aftermarket k member you guys engineered your system around? I'm on par for purchasing this kit!
Right now we are working the F body system around the BMR K member.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-05-2007, 04:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
In that case. You have my full and undevided attention.
Just keep in mind that APS is working with a 2001 model Trams Am Pontiac so there may well be variations with other years of F body models.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-05-2007, 04:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
I would keep stock cubes for that setup, but that's my opinion. I'd be worried about the turbos choking... But you need to make a thread later for that one...
Below is a power graph of a bone stock LS1 C5 ZO6 engine with twin turbos (same size turbos as the F body twin turbo system) at just 7.6 PSI on 93 octane pump fuel so there's loads of head room for larger displacment engines or smaller cube engines with massive engine flow.

Thanks,

Peter

Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I still am waiting for 100% confirmation of being able to keep the air conditioning
I said previously that the factory AC will be retained.

and also curious to see if the system will cause any problem with ground clearance although can go back to stock ride height if necessary since only dropped about 3/4 to maybe an inch now anyway.
Are you referring to the exhaust system or the APS TT system?

Also if the turbos are mounted low like the gto system then you pretty much need the oil pump.If they are mounted higher than you could use the simpler gravity return for oil. I do prefer no pump.Sts uses the oil scavenger pump and not thrilled with that really.
The oil return will be a gravity drain system.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks impressive! I may decide to go twins insted of a single...hmmm

If we decide we want this when does it have to be ordered by?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FastBlackTA
I have purchased and am in the process of installing my APS C6 system as we speak. The quality is second to none and fitment has been great thus far. I am sure their F-Body system will not dissapoint!
Awesome to hear that you're pleased with the C6 TT system and by all means email me when you have the system up and running, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the performance gains.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
Incon kit w/ upgraded wheels in the turbos is capable of around 850ish rwhp through a 6 speed. I'd need to eek out higher 9's to 1k rwhp to make the switch worth while in my mind. No sense in tearing apart a perfectly good workin setup for nominal gains.
I suspect that the turbos in our F body system will have similar compressor flow to your current spec turbos though the APS turbos will have greater turbine flow than your current turbos which is ideal for larger cube engines.

Can slightly larger turbos be fitted w/o clearance problems? Everytime I get under my car I laugh at the amount of space those turbos already have.
I think you must be referring to the Incon GT turbos (which are quite small in terms of physical size), when you see the size of the APS turbos, they are physically much larger in size.

I may have to call you and discuss this more in depth as you guys don't seem to divulge your turbo specs for the public.
From the APS web site,

The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-05-2007, 04:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CALL911
Okay, just to get this straight for sure. You are saying that there will be NO (or most likely none) fabrication needed for the Trans Am bumpers for the IC system?
No modification to the front plastic fascia or fog lights on the 2001 Trans Am.

Does this go the same for the Formula front bumpers? I ask because as you probably know, the TA's and the Formula's don't have the same amount of room that a Camaro has up front.
I can't answer that question with any degree of accuracy as I'm not familiar with that model F body.

Also, what would this system make safely (pump gas) off of a stock motor?
With what octane pump gas?

Or do you not reccomend running a stock bottom end with it?
You can run a stock bottom end up to around 550 whp with a good tune.............over that it starts to get very risky.

Plus what is the max psi the Turbo's will put out?
The maximum mass air flow delivery of 50 lbs per minute will be at around 18 PSI.

Peter
Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

so this is a gravity drain back to the oilpan
or back to a holding tank with a pump
and how about turbo size
I am building a 403 ci LS2 with afr 225 heads
how large of a turbo will fit with this kit
I was planing on useing a pair of T-4 66 or 67 BB turbos
how much power could your turbos support on a 403 inch engine with good heads and 93 octane pump gas
I am shooting to have 900+ RWHP

Last edited by Darren P; 03-05-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

With what octane pump gas?

Peter
93 octane, or "premium". And what would be the next RWHP level for a stock motor on 93 octane with a methanol injection setup?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
I'm relatively new to Turbos so can anyone tell me if these turbos will be "efficient" with a 427 ci motor, or would they be better suited for a stock cube 5.7L? I understand they can produce up to 1000RWHP, but that says nothing about what CI motor they work best on. Other than that I am VERY interested in trying this kit on my 95 bird (with a new 427 LSx of course).
I very much doubt that the APS TT system would fit your 95 firebird (3rd generation F body) as the APS TT system is designed for the 98 to 02 model F body, 4th generation F body.

Peter
Old 03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by my01ws6
looks impressive! I may decide to go twins insted of a single...hmmm

If we decide we want this when does it have to be ordered by?
I will start taking deposits in early May 07 and I expect to start shipping F body TT systems in late July 07.

Thanks,

Peter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery