Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-on merge collector.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip-on merge collector.

I have been looking at the edelbrock victor series race headers with slip on merge collectors and I just have on question about it. When they say slip on merge collector does the merge collector slip onto the primaries or is there a separate piece that slips onto the merge collector after the header?
Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It slips onto the primaries, I've never been a fond of them. You've got 4 tubes per side that would just LOVE to have nasty little leaks. Race cars running them isn't a big deal, because they don't give a sheet about leaks. Driving down the highway with that tap tap tap will make you want to run off the road though.

Slip on collectors, are a must on some applications. My friends steering stem on his '96 Cobra runs between the #3 and #5 primaries, header is in 2 pieces. F-cars are easy, I have never seen the purpose of running slip-ons with them.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason I want to go with these is they are cheaper than qtps and kooks, made by a machine, not hand made like the others, and just look like a better header that would make more power, even if it is only 5hp. Plus, how hard could it be to weld collectors?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Edelbrocks are a nice piece. I just saw some the other day. I would probably get some if given the chance.