Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New WS6 HOOD need help/opinions (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New WS6 HOOD need help/opinions (pics)

I just purchased a ws6 ram air hood for my formula. I am on my second day fitting the damn thing. The fit on it was horrible and I am a profectionist so I took all the hinges off and am in the process of cutting and slotting them more to drop the hood down and over a bit for a better fit.
Right now I am running a CAI and would like to switch over and make the hood functional. I don't know where to cut exactely on the hood to make it functional. I included some pics of what I have to work with. It seem like the underside need some serious cutting and I am not to sure about the inside of the nostrals. I heard there may be "rain guards" in the nostrals? Any help would be great.
I also am going to get the hood painted to match my car after the fitting is done. I need to pic out grilles for it as well. I had an idea of putting blackbird stripes on the sides since I don't see to many lt's with them. Instead of the vinyl I would like to get paint mixed to the same color of my rims. I would do a charcoal stripe to match my rims. Then I would like to buy the real stainless ram air text to put over the charcoal stripe. And I can't decide if I want to do the stainless grilles or just the plain black grilles? Please give me you input!!! I want to order vents soon!!!

Bellow are a few pics of grilles,stripes,and text ideas I was thinking of.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here are pics of grilles,text, and strip ideas

And here are pics of my rims.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it depends if you want the factory setup or a kickass ram air setup. The factory setup rams the air straight into a wall and air has to go up and over to get to the airbox. For true ram air, cut that slot on the inside of the hood like 1 1/2" or so lower. Then, the wall you see from the outside of the hood will need to be cut out as big as the ram air inlets.
I used a dremel and it was still a PITA, can't think of a better way though.

As far as the fitment, it will never be that great. Its not even perfect on a WS6 car.
Good luck.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did hear you have to cut out that large rectangular piece that would kit the top of the airbox... I didn't know how much to cut if any on the piece that has the "orange" dot in the picture though.... Any opinions on the appearance mods to the hood would be great as well!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

did you get that hood off ebay? i've been trying to find a ramair hood for my car and have seen hoods like these on ebay a lot...
Old 03-03-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tbird31
did you get that hood off ebay? i've been trying to find a ramair hood for my car and have seen hoods like these on ebay a lot...
Actually I got it brand new off a guy that had it locally. I did see the ones on ebay and they look similar to this one... might be the same thing, not sure.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the air to go straight through, you have to cut where the orange dot is.

I would leave the appearance mods to some factory ram air stickers and some nice grills.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

t t t