Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should i move the IAT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i move the IAT?

Ive got an slp lid and i noticed that the IAT is located in such a way that it might obstruct air flow. Would moving the sensor down farther on the lid closer to the air filter help in any way?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

The only benefit you'll see to moving the IAT is possibly cooler, more accurate readings. Next to the stock MAF with the metal housing (subject to heat soak), the IAT readings can become skewed - especially at extended periods of idle. For cars running with the factory PCM, this isn't too big of a problem because the PCM will adjust the incorrect fueling with the fuel trims. Others (like myself) who are running a custom open-loop tune however, have to pay attention to this as it can create some lean idle conditions. That's why I'm thinking about moving mine.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

i think im gonna move it then
Old 03-05-2007, 01:27 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't touch it. Obstructing the airflow isn't going to make a ***** bit of difference. The IAT's that are built into the MAF's have had heat soak problems (like the TBSS), but your sensor is not actually touching the MAF, and the airflow will put the sensor upstream of the heat source.

Quick Reply: Should i move the IAT?