I need a "doctor"

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a "doctor"

Ive been seeing a chiropractor for almost 2 years now and have seen numerous doctors for chronic back pain. Nothing has worked until I discovered vicodin from a family member, but due to a past involving drug abuse, no dr. will prescribe such a pill. Im not even 31, and almost to the point of walking with a cane, can anyone help? pm me.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1Last69
Ive been seeing a chiropractor for almost 2 years now and have seen numerous doctors for chronic back pain. Nothing has worked until I discovered vicodin from a family member, but due to a past involving drug abuse, no dr. will prescribe such a pill. Im not even 31, and almost to the point of walking with a cane, can anyone help? pm me.
Be careful.... that stuff is way more addicting then you can imagine.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Banned

I lost 20 lbs and my back pain is not nearly as bad as it was. Exercise helps too. The doctor should give you some exercises that will help.

Chiropractors did not help my case and I often left their office in more pain than when you went in. At least that was my experience.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Launching!

I know, but Im at the end of my rope with this deal, no one can figure out what the deal is with the back.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck man, a family friend of ours daughter is a biomedical engineer, they work on a lot of stuff for people like you with chronic pains such as the ones you have. All developmental as of yet, good luck none the less
Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER
I lost 20 lbs and my back pain is not nearly as bad as it was. Exercise helps too. The doctor should give you some exercises that will help.

Chiropractors did not help my case and I often left their office in more pain than when you went in. At least that was my experience.
I excercise when I can, and am 6'1 and weigh 170, so weight is not an issue
Old 03-05-2007, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1Last69
I excercise when I can, and am 6'1 and weigh 170, so weight is not an issue
i used to have horrible back and ip pain front football. the trainers would giveme backquil which would numb eerything so i could play during the game. i did tons of hip and back stretches and back and hip workouts you can do on the floor. some people have nerves pinched and dont know it... sometimes stretching will help
Old 03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go see an acupuncturist. My dad had the same thing but was in his neck, couldnt hardly turn his head sometimes it hurt so bad. He went to an acupuncturist and within two months he was feeling a lot better. He still goes once a week just to keep everything centered. He says its the best hes felt in years.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, definitely give alternative medicine(acupuncture,massage,ect) a try before going the allopathic/pharmaceutical route. Some meds are higly addictive and take an extreme toll on your body after awhile. I've seen a large amount of people around me, including clients, that have had great success with homeopathic medicine. Give it a shot.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had vertigo a couple weeks ago and went to an acupuncturist, i think it helped. My mom went a few years back as well because of knee pain, after a few weeks of therapy it went away. Its extremely relaxing too!! The needles hit some muscles some times and its kinda of uncomfortable, but u get used to it. Look for a good acupuncturist, nothing out of kelsey seybold type clinics or anything, the one i went to is in a asian neighborhood in a small shop.

Good luck man! You should consider medicinal pot before you consider getting hooked on strong meds
Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Launching!

I agree........If you have Drug Abuse in your past, you Need to stay as far away from vicodin as you can.........Good Luck Bro
Old 03-05-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by osvaldo
I had vertigo a couple weeks ago and went to anacupuncturist , i think it helped. My mom went a few years back as well because of knee pain, after a few weeks of therapy it went away. Its extremely relaxing too!! The needles hit some muscles some times and its kinda of uncomfortable, but u get used to it. Look for a good acupuncturist, nothing out of kelsey seybold type clinics or anything, the one i went to is in a asian neighborhood in a small shop.

Good luck man! You should consider medicinal pot before you consider getting hooked on strong meds

Could you pm me the location of this acupuncturist? I have lower back pain and would like to check it out. Thanks.

Sorry to hijack.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i fractured and strained the living **** out of the muscles in my lower back playing football. the best thing i did was stay away from the chiropractor and saw physical therapist at Memorial SW. she works with NFL players and had me strength my stomache muscles to support my back. still hurts to lift heavy stuff but only cause i'm not in the same shape i was then.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you tried Physical Therapy? My wife is currently in physical therapy for a car accident we were in in Dec 2005 and usually have LESS pain the for a few days.

The doctor also prescribed her a Tens Machine which sends electrical pulses to the muscles to the back/neck area to "massage" them into thinking that they are working and thus will be stronger.

Apparently she's learned that it's weak back muscles that cause a good amount of peoples back pain, unless you've got a squashed disk inbetween the vertebra that a physical therapist could work out on your by doing what's call Traction.

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

Not everybody has the kind of injury for a chiropractor. Did they send you out for an MRI? Some chiropractors are just shitty and give the rest a bad name by not really helping people just taking their money.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Not everybody has the kind of injury for a chiropractor. Did they send you out for an MRI? Some chiropractors are just shitty and give the rest a bad name by not really helping people just taking their money.
Ever seen the show "Two and a Half Men"?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Splitz
Ever seen the show "Two and a Half Men"?

Yea I have 6 chiropractors in my family, played 8 years of football and am in the Army and I have absolutely no back pains ever.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Venkman
Be careful.... that stuff is way more addicting then you can imagine.
it's not so much the drug itself that's addicting, it's how most people's bodies react to it. for instance, most people take vicodin/hydrocodone, and get sleepy....i'm the exact opposite, it makes me want to get up and go do stuff.

i've taken hydrocodone myself, even when i really didn't need it, and have had no problem with not taking it afterwards, so it really depends on the person....but yes, if he has had drug problems in the past, it's not a good idea for him to take it.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

I used to get prometh/codine from a doctor off of bissonet back in the day. It was funny you would walk in and say you had a bad cough, and he would just write the script on the spot. Not sure if he is still around but if he is you might wanna try him. He is like two blocks from 1092 on Bissonet. But I am warning you this place is GHETTO!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vicodin doesn't help your back, it helps relieve the pain, all the while your back is not getting better and possibly getting worse. You need to find a new doc, but for treatment not for a prescription. I would also suggest a Physical Therapist since the chiropractor hasn't been successful.