Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad blocker rings? Or clutch problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unhappy Bad blocker rings? Or clutch problem?

All right guys I just recently had a post about my car not shifting under WOT. I replaced the master about 60 miles ago and did the drill mod at the same time. Had a clutch(spec 2+) put in the car about 900 miles ago, and when I hit the 500 mile mark I went to row threw the gears, and couldnt get it into 3rd easily. So after I finally get it into third I try to hit 5th at around 6200RPMS and it wont go into 4th for nothing at that speed. So when I get it into 4th I wind it out and try to hit 5th and same thing happens . So what I'm getting at is there anyone who has any idea what could be the problem? T56 rebuilds is having free shipping this month but I really dont want to send it out unless I have to. Oh yea this didnt start until I got this new clutch in. Even with the old slipping clutch I could shift WOT fine. So new clutch new slave when clutch was installed, new master about 90 miles ago, mityvaced the system, no air, great pedal feel(still a stiff for a spec 2+), can grab second fine, but its a no go from 2-3,3-4,4-5. Any ideas guys? Oh yea the tranny was rebuilt less than 10K with new blocker rings, shift rails and all the good stuff. I'm leaning towards maybe a bad pressure plate? Sorry so long guys just trying to give out all the info I can.....Any help would be great guys!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm right there with ya....had a spec 3+ slipping and could hit all gears wot...put in the new tex oz700 and can't hit those gears...new master,drill mod,slave......I spoke with Amber and she said it sounded like blocker rings...I'm going to drive mine down let Joe drive it and see what they think...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Sounds Like Your Blocker Rings Or Your Keys Are Broken In 3-4 & 5-6
Old 03-06-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by as35thss
Sounds Like Your Blocker Rings Or Your Keys Are Broken In 3-4 & 5-6
Yea I think it might be my blocker rings, which are the synchro's right? If I'm sitting still and run through the gears a few times and then take it down the road and go through the gears and it will shift fine, and then drive around for a little while and try and run through the gears and you cant hit any gear and grind 2nd - 5th its just weird. So I'm going to just send it off and have them look at it.....
Old 03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Mine will shift fine fi it is anything under 5800rpms....problem is, my rev is set at 6900rpms .....

Quick Reply: Bad blocker rings? Or clutch problem?