Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive in the April Issue of GMHTP

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up EFILive in the April Issue of GMHTP

There is a 7 page color write up on EFIlive Custom OS in the brand new issue of GMHTP. The car used is a member on here with a 455 ci LS1 and was tuned SD. It's also the same car with the Kooks custom true dual system (see External Engine section) that is $$$, but absolutely mint. Check it out.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

I'll have to check that out.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good. I have not received my issue yet.

Bill
Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hehe I have and Im in the UK!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

It's an "Tuning Guide" issue with a good write on the flash-memory GM PCM's including the E38 and E40. It also has a Top 10 tuning tools article, an overview on the Accel XFI and Juice vs Boost LS1 Shootout. Overall a very good issue and nicely done.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

the past 3 GMHTP magazines have been awesome i think. T-56 rebuild write up, clutch writeup (textralia), previous ones with rearend. I'm loving it. I don't even look back at my other issues.
the part that helps is that I'm in the market for a tranny/clutch/rearend upgrades...so yeh, that covers my category...hhhhmmmm maybe thats why i'm loving these issues.... LOL
Old 03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Not to sound like a Jackass but "Top 10" tuning tools implies some sort of judgement, which would require some actual scientific study and comparason of the subject matter. Why didn't they at the very least have a comparason of features btw EFI Live, HPTuners, and LS1 EDIT, BS3, XFI? Maybe explain the advantages for certain applications the products have? This is only overshadowed by the "Boost Vs. Juice!" headline-once again, no judgement, only the politically correct whoredom that the "Hot Rod print media" (HRPM) has been reduced to these days. Finally 25 Hottest new speed parts implies there was a #1 and a #25. As a consumer I want to know what was #1 and why, for my hard earned dollar.

I understand it can't be cheap to maintain a publication like GMHTP but, as what I would regard, it is the only hope for the future of the HRPM. I would think that GMHTP would prolong it's longevity in the face of competition of this board and others (THE NEW MEDIA) to take a more sharp and decisive technical stance.

Simply put, instead of whoring out their pages, actually make sponsors, potential features prove, their wares on the track and dyno vs each other. (This is the nature of what your target audience is into....COMPETITION. Heads up. Run what you brung. Take a stance. Make a decision. None of this quasi PC PINKS BS. America is all about competition, let the best company win and we the consumers win.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc
Not to sound like a Jackass but "Top 10" tuning tools implies some sort of judgement, which would require some actual scientific study and comparason of the subject matter. Why didn't they at the very least have a comparason of features btw EFI Live, HPTuners, and LS1 EDIT, BS3, XFI? Maybe explain the advantages for certain applications the products have? This is only overshadowed by the "Boost Vs. Juice!" headline-once again, no judgement, only the politically correct whoredom that the "Hot Rod print media" (HRPM) has been reduced to these days. Finally 25 Hottest new speed parts implies there was a #1 and a #25. As a consumer I want to know what was #1 and why, for my hard earned dollar.

I understand it can't be cheap to maintain a publication like GMHTP but, as what I would regard, it is the only hope for the future of the HRPM. I would think that GMHTP would prolong it's longevity in the face of competition of this board and others (THE NEW MEDIA) to take a more sharp and decisive technical stance.

Simply put, instead of whoring out their pages, actually make sponsors, potential features prove, their wares on the track and dyno vs each other. (This is the nature of what your target audience is into....COMPETITION. Heads up. Run what you brung. Take a stance. Make a decision. None of this quasi PC PINKS BS. America is all about competition, let the best company win and we the consumers win.
Thats because the people writing it have no clue.They have allitttle knowledge but not all to write why these things are good,only what the company tells them. We've had alot of writeups done at our shop.Some of the editors are good with knowledge and others are just good with a camera.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Doc/Slowhawk - You're both way too harsh ans it doesn't sound like you guys read the article. It's not a tuning software Top 10, but rather a list of top ten tools needed to tune proficiently. Here's their list:

1. Tuner Experience
2. Dyno
3. Street & Strip
4. Wideband
5.Exhaust Gas temp meter
6. Performance meter (Gtech)
7. Information exhange (internet)
8. Software and harnesses
9. Scanner/Logger Laptop and AC inverter
10. Real time tuning
Old 03-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Subscriber. I get more for my money here. Unlike MAXIM, Playboy, et al I actually subscribe to GMHTP for the pictures rather than for the articles.