PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firehawk T/A wierd power seat issue??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firehawk T/A wierd power seat issue??

Hey guys, I'm wondering if someone can assist me. I've got an '01 Firehawk which is stock except for a borla. Mon night my car threw a code which my neighbor used on of the laptop computer programs to diagnose as some "catalyst" issue or failure. I didn't get the code # at the time, but figured either a cat issue or 02 sensor. Car runs fine...perfectly, and I'll be doing lid/filter/LT's/plugs and wires soon. Anyway, I think he cleared the code because it's gone today. Now to my real issue. My power seats no longer work. When I'm parked and the car is off they work in all directions to include the lumbar support, but with the car running the don't. I'm very perplexed. I decreased my factory torque managment while he was there the other night, and I believe he runs HP tuners.

He's a smart guy.....actually a Naval nuclear engineer and has a bad *** 450rwhp '01 Z28 that he tunes along with other friends rides. I trust him. I just want to know is it possible that he may have adjusted or deleted something that affects the electrical component of my seats? Also, does anyone happen to know if their is a code # for the seats that would help us in our search to try to fix the seats without having to visit a deal. Sorry so long, I just wanted to be sure to include all information and the sequence of events as they unfolded. Much thanks to all who render helpful advice.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seats are not controled by the pcm, check under the seats and make sure the connectors are solid. The seats, and windows I think are on the same autoreseting circuit breaker.

Ryan
Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, I'll check that after work today. It just seemed strange that they worked fine couple days ago, and then after the HP tuner minor adjustments they didn't.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HP tuners can only effect engine PID's its cant even read ABS sensors. So I would say definatrly no HP tuners isn't the culprat. If he only done a scan/reset codes and didn't reflash the PCM then he hasn't even made any changes to the engine management.

I would vote on loose connector, that just happened to happen around the same time. Perhaps check the fuse panel at the end of th dash for any blown fuses.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

pull your negative battery cable for about 10 minutes - that will clear up any anomolies that may have occured in the BCM... happened to a guy I know - after he did a tune, for what ever reason he had an issue with his seat and power window - and after he did the battery thing like I mentioned to him, it magically "fixed" itself...

let us know if it works...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the helpful info guys. I will check under the seat and try the neg battery disconnect today. Crazy thing is.....I drove the T/A at lunch and my seat worked with the car on this time? Go figure