Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Spool in a 10-bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spool in a 10-bolt?

hey guys i was wondering what you all thought about spools in the 7.5" 10-bolt.
im getting ready for an even comming up and i dont want to be a pegl eg. so i was hoping some of you would have input on this. thanks.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

You'll Hate It On The Street. It'll Chirp The Tires Every Time You Turn, And If You Ever Drive In The Rain, Good Luck Turning Without Doing A 180. Otherwise, You Can't Beat'em In A Straight Line And You'll Have Less Rotating Mass In The Diff. Less Hp Loss Through Driveline.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry I Forgot To Mention That The 7.5 Is Weak And Your Chances Of Breaking It Increase With A Spool. Good Luck.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE SS
Sorry I Forgot To Mention That The 7.5 Is Weak And Your Chances Of Breaking It Increase With A Spool. Good Luck.
The posi is the weakest link in my experience. You wouldnt increase the risk of breaking the rear with a spool, you would just break an axle or the gears instead of the posi.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

My understanding is that the ring gear is the weak link because it's only 7.5 inches.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

The whole thing is weak, people crack the entire housing.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

id do axles and a aftermarket ring and pinion as well that spool will snap those stock axles
Old 03-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

THE WHOLE DIFF. IS A P.O.S. AND BRIANCWS6, IF YOU DON'T THINK A SPOOL PUTS MORE STRESS ON A DIFF. AS OPPOSED TO AN OPEN CARRIER, (WHICH IS WHAT THE MAN'S QUESTION WAS ORIGINALLY) THAT'S JUST IGNORANT. YOU SHOULD READ EVERYTHING BEFORE ACTING AN ***.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Stop typing in caps & try to avoid makin yourself look like a even bigger *** on here while you still can. Your last post was completely unneeded & shows your maturity level.

Now on the 10-bolt, DO NOT waste your money building one. Its pointless. The thing is weak & needs to be replaced if you want something not on borrowed time. Especially with your set-up, why cheap out on something important.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

LOOK A-HOLE, I'LL TYPE IN CAPS ALL I WANT. ALSO, MAYBE YOU TOO SHOULD READ BACK. WHEN SOMEBODY QUOTES ME AND TRYS TO ATTACK ME FOR TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE, I WILL STRIKE BACK.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

I read all I needed to & your attitude is real cute. You think I care if you get some sand in your vagina b/c of something I say, LOL. Your a joke.

Either post stuff that at least worth reading or it won't be long till your banned along with the other jackasses like you & trolls. Not typing in caps is just common sense. It is flat out stupid to do & gets on pretty much everyone on this sites nerves.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

DO YOU SELF PROCLAIM BIGMIKE BECAUSE OF YOUR MOUTH? I CARE ABOUT YOUR CONCERN FOR MY TYPING, AS YOU CARE ABOUT MY VAGINA. IF YOU WANT TO PICK A FIGHT, LOOK ME UP WHEN YOU'RE IN TOWN PUNK. I'LL SCHOOL YOU SOME MORE. OTHERWISE, QUIT SURFING THE THREADS LOOKING TO BE A SAVIOR.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

Not lookin to be a savior of any type, just hate little ****** like you. People like you ruin these forums & if I ever do have a reason to come to Texas, I'll PM you first. Should make for good exercise, but that about all.

Anyone on here who knows me by my screen name will vouch I'm not one to just talk **** to people, like you do. I have helped numerous people & dealt with some of the finest people on this board.

Whats your rep. so far?? Just another big mouth punk that doesn't know ****. Keep your attitude goin & you'll see pretty fast how many people on here will treat you like a little bitch kid.

You got anything else to say send it in a PM & keep it outta this guys thread.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bad apple ss. calm down a little jeebus christ please turn the caps off. from what briancws6 was saying didnt appear he was attacking you at all. he was stating his experience with the 10 bolt. and please dont make threats toward members thats the first thing that will get you banned. we are all here to help one another, if you took something too seriously talk with the guy about it. im sure he didnt mean it in the way you took it (thats normally the case on message boards). seriously dude you are 24 and so am i please dont act like some of the other F'n idiots on this board that are our age and give us all a bad rep.

now on to the topic at hand. like bad apple ss said. the 10 bolt is a POS. i have had more experience with breaking the bolts off the carrier rather than actually doing damage to the ring. and also i have shredded two axles to pieces. he is also right in the fact you wont want a spool in a daily driven car. reason being is because of the way it works it will cause you to lose control in rain faster than you would with a posi. yes a spool can take more abuse... but the ten bolt will only hold as much as those 26 spline axles will (you will even break the mosers with a hard enough launch.....trust me )
Old 03-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

I WAS ORIGINALLY JUST TRYING TO HELP A GUY IN NEED OF AN ANSWER. I DO PUT AN APOLOGY OUT TO BRIANCWS6, IF I MISCONSTRUED HIS ACTIONS. AS FOR THE CAPS, SORRY BROTHERS, THAT'S WHAT I DO. I ALSO WRITE IN ALL CAPS. IT'S LIKE ME BEING ANNOYED THAT SOMEONE DOESN'T CAPITOLIZE THE FIRST WORD OF A SENTENCE, LOL, BUT I DON'T CARE. EITHER WAY, WHETHER WE GET ALONG OR NOT, WE ALL AGREE THAT THE 10 BOLT 7.5 SUCKS.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Old 03-09-2007, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE SS
THE WHOLE DIFF. IS A P.O.S. AND BRIANCWS6, IF YOU DON'T THINK A SPOOL PUTS MORE STRESS ON A DIFF. AS OPPOSED TO AN OPEN CARRIER, (WHICH IS WHAT THE MAN'S QUESTION WAS ORIGINALLY) THAT'S JUST IGNORANT. YOU SHOULD READ EVERYTHING BEFORE ACTING AN ***.
there isnt a diff in the rear if u put a spool in...know what your talking about befor you post.

i would put a spool in a turbo Blazer if it were mine. being an auto your not putting the stress on the rear like a manual is. spools arnt bad at all, tires DONT chirp around every corner (just sharp slow corners) and if dont drive like a tool in the rain you wont spin out when you turn but it is easier to do.

take what bad apple says with a grain of salt, doesnt even sound like he knows what he's talking about. theres a reason he has 18 posts
Old 03-09-2007, 07:34 PM
14 Second Truck Club

The problem is that there is no full spools (or a true spool) for a 7.6, only a mini spool. They are weaker than the stock posi since they dont give at all and transfer all that stress right to a stock open (peg leg) diff case. You may not actually break the mini spool itself since all it is is 2 side drivers and 2 locking blocks, but you can and probably will still break the diff case since it is a stock piece.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mzoomora
The problem is that there is no full spools (or a true spool) for a 7.6, only a mini spool. They are weaker than the stock posi since they dont give at all and transfer all that stress right to a stock open (peg leg) diff case. You may not actually break the mini spool itself since all it is is 2 side drivers and 2 locking blocks, but you can and probably will still break the diff case since it is a stock piece.
That's what I was getting at. People need to relax a little bit in here, its just the internet.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:49 AM
12 Second Club

its an auto, turbo blazer, chances are he's not breaking the rear for a bit yet since 10 bolts have taken a4 10 second passes

Quick Reply: Spool in a 10-bolt?