Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA's + Lowering springs = pointless?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default LCA's + Lowering springs = pointless?

I know lowering will give me less traction, so will I be back where I started if I get LCA's and lowering springs? Ive never done any suspension mods so I dont know if one effect is more extreme than the other. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

need to get relocation brackets
Old 03-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happens when you lower your car is the angle on the LCA changes. Their refenence angle with respect to the road becomes less and that effects the direction of the force vector from the weight transfer under acceleration.

Now, does this mean you need LCA relocation brackets? No. Advisable? Perhaps. It depends on what you plan on doing with your car and how you want to drive it.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oange ss
need to get relocation brackets
I think the only reason relocation brackets are added is to prevent wheel hop for launching. Having the angle pointing down will increase wheelhop likeliness, though for autoxing the relocation brackets I've heard cause some havok making the rear of the car harder to control during turns. Others can chime in on this.

Relocation brackets aren't needed. I have Strano springs and dont use relocation brackets.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

relocation brackets, if you get weld in one's if you use your car for the curves you put the lca's in the top hole like stock. if you want to drag you can use either of the 2 lower holes to increase traction. you can do what ever you want to with them.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry everyone I guess I should have given some more information. Yes I would be getting relo brackets as well with the LCA's. Im trying to improve my traction for street/strip racing, not worried about auto-x or anything like that, simply straight line. I am trying to put together a list of suspension, and so far the LCA's and relo brackets are what people have said to start with. The only reason Im asking the original question, about LCA's AND lowering springs is because I would like to lower the car for looks when I get new wheels. I would just like to know from those who know more than me (which is probably everyone) if the lowering springs would hurt what I gained with the LCA's and brackets.

Hope this helps you all understand what Im going after. I haven't done much searching about Strano springs, but are they better than say DMS or the other types of lowering springs? (DMS because Ive seen them in person and love the stance)

Thanks again for your help!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

Mine is lowered 1" and I have the BMR LCA's along with some welded in relo brackets... I have no wheel hop at all and it launch's better then stock IMO.

Without the RELO brackets, I had wheel hop and was hard to hook.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet, what springs are you using?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT one more time
Old 03-08-2007, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

I am using the BMR ones. I had the Eibach's on before but that was waaayyy to low for me. The 1" BMR's, for me, are perfect.