Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 headed LS6 427 stroker questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 headed LS6 427 stroker questions

So I want to go from 243's to ls7 heads on my 4.125 bore ls6 stroker. I have a few questions though. What else will I need to complete the setup? Obviously I'll need the intake.....how will the map work, is it the same setup as a gen III? I've heard you also need the fuel rails or a spacer of some sort? What about rockers? Will I need the ls7 rockers and will they work well with my Comp R's or will I need new lifters? Also, I have -15cc pistons What milling and gasket can I use to get my desired 11.5 - 11.6 SCR I want?

Thanks in advance for the help, I really dunno anything about the ls7 heads. Not even the chamber size. I hope this is the right forum too instead of the ls6.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

You are headed towards a nice setup. It's like mine, although I have an LS7 block. If you go with the LS7 intake, you will need its fuel rail as the injectors are smaller than the LS6. You will therefore also need injector adaptors to fit your Gen 3 harness. The MAP sensor is in the front on the LS7 intake, although you could keep the stock location with some minor mods (hook the old MAP sensor to the intake using one of the nipples on the back of the intake with some vacuum hose). Otherwise, you'll need a MAP sensor harness extension. I assume you are using the GEN 3 cam and crank sensors, so no change here. I got my electronic harness extensions and adaptors from Katech, but I'm sure others have them. As for the rockers, I haven't seen any offerings from the aftermarket yet for the LS7 heads. Remember, the intake rockers are offset so your old rockers won't work. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about all the accessory bolt hole locations are they all the same aswell on the ls7 heads?

Im guessing there is provisions on the back of the intake for brake vacuume and the other little vacuum line that goes inthe back of the other lsx intakes?

and, it looks like the ls7 is a 4 bolt TB, so im guessing my fast TB will work fine?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Yes, yes, and yes

Quick Reply: LS7 headed LS6 427 stroker questions