Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning for slp maf

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning for slp maf

I have a slp maf on my car (no hating, it came on the car and when tuned for, should be good). Basically, i got my ve down with a wideband. I got my p/e, idle, and eveything else done great. I reenabled my maf and did some driving and did the a/f error vs. maf hz histogram. Paste/Multiply by % on my maf table a few times. Will this be sufficient for tuning my maf or am i missing something?

I have heard about a so called leaning sensor on the slp maf but I cannot find good info about removing it anywhere, so is there any problem in just correcting for the resistor with a wideband?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just tune for it as you have been. As you go, you might notice that you'll overshoot by applying the full correction. So, applying only 25~50% of the correction will help you dial it in a little closer. If you're any good with Excel, you can fix the correction in there easily before you paste & multiply to your MAF table. I'm in the same situation (SLP MAF came on my car when I bought it) and I left the resistor alone. Just tune for the setup and have fun.